ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ALL NEW SKY ANYTIME + TV (like Virgin's just not as good)

Listerine & Poledo
now if only Virgin can make their damn Samsung boxes work even half as well as the SKY HD boxes, I'll be happy

My V+ box works better than the last Sky+ box I used, dont know where all the V+ hate comes from tbh...

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I loved my v+ box but i left in the old days when they didn't have sky channels. The annoying thing about their box's were the delay when changing channel.. The good thing is that you can record two things and watch a third. With sky you can record two but you have to watch one of them. I always get clashes It really pisses me off.

MK2 Clio
I find Sky doesn't let me record as much in one go, has a worse User interface and is actually an uglier remote (granted the later was kind of irrelivent) but in my room I have the box built into the wall then covered and all I need is the remote, so for me its annoying :)
But V+ >than sky since they moved to V+
I agree sky > Virgin BACK when virgin was on analouge lol

Clio 182 cup'd
I loved my v+ box but i left in the old days when they didn't have sky channels. The annoying thing about their box's were the delay when changing channel.. The good thing is that you can record two things and watch a third. With sky you can record two but you have to watch one of them. I always get clashes It really pisses me off.

Example of when you have needed to record two channels and watch a third channel?

Example of when you have needed to record two channels and watch a third channel?

Pretty much everytime I decide to record a film.

Also when recording The walking dead and some history documentarys on discovery as they are on past my bed time...

Listerine & Poledo
I went from Sky+ to V+ HD boxes.

I just find the interface sloooooow, particularly when going through the catch-up TV and so forth.

Also, you cant record a program that you've got in delay TV, or, more correctly, you can, but it'll only record what's left on live TV.

For example

Say you've been watching some film and need to go to the lav, you hit pause and do your thing.

1/2 hour later you get a call to pick up the missus from the tube, or something, you know you wont get near the TV when she's back, cos there's some reality tripe on.

You go to record the film but because you'll lose everything between where you are and the live TV time.

IIRC, so long as you've watched it, or got in in buffer, SKy+ would record everything it holds on that programme?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah always found that quite cool on SKY+.

Found it out by accident!

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
I thought all you needed was BB connection. No mention on AV about sky BB only.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
its sky BB only. they got a tirade of abuse from me when they announced this.

I went from Sky+ to V+ HD boxes.

I just find the interface sloooooow, particularly when going through the catch-up TV and so forth.

Also, you cant record a program that you've got in delay TV, or, more correctly, you can, but it'll only record what's left on live TV.

I'll give you that one.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
On the left, see those little circles where the pictures change, click the last one and it says it's exclusive to Sky BB customers.
Jeez that's terrible!

No wonder they go abuse! They were bigging it up a lot aswell!

I just signed up to SKY HD half price for a year through a friends and family thing and the guy mentioned anytime to me then.

Sky BB is shocking! I would never use them again. Been with Plunet for 14 months now and not 1 bit of hassle.

Clio 182 cup'd
Jeez that's terrible!

No wonder they go abuse! They were bigging it up a lot aswell!

I just signed up to SKY HD half price for a year through a friends and family thing and the guy mentioned anytime to me then.

Sky BB is shocking! I would never use them again. Been with Plunet for 14 months now and not 1 bit of hassle.

Tell us more about the friends and family hd deal?!

I signed up to get this a couple of months ago.

Just got an email back saying thanks for the interest we will let you know when your box is ready to recieve this as its being rolled out in phases.

As I've got one of the first HD boxes they did I'm expecting it to be a while. Not good :banghead:

A4 Avant
I was just about to change my subscription to include anytime+ but noticed they want you to commit to a new 12 month contract as well. No thanks.

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
hmm its £40 for a wired set up too.... or £60 for a wireless box. Makes no odds to me as i already get this via the xbox 360......and its s**t lol.

Z4
Jokers! I would have been well up for that had they not done it specifically for sky bb customers.

Cheeky feckers

Ad

MK2 FRS
I have suspected for a while that when the Tivo box comes out, I may well after years with sky end up becoming virgin customer. Virgins Broadband is going to start paying dividends for them soon.

Audi S1
No way am I moving over to Sky Broadband. I thought they had an internet service which was free if you wanted it. Looks like it's £5 or £12.50 now!

F56 MINI Cooper S
So whats this then? I cant be arsed to read it and already have anytime tv, so whats this + all about. (i also have sky+ hd already if it makes a difference?)

Golf gti ed30+bmw m3
No way am I moving over to Sky Broadband. I thought they had an internet service which was free if you wanted it. Looks like it's £5 or £12.50 now!

its only £7.50 for completely unlimited 20Mb broadband if you have sky.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Its sky bb customers only atm, but next year they say they will integrate other isps.

Prong

ClioSport Club Member
A few pics

tivo1.jpg

tivo2.jpg

tivo3.jpg

tivo4.jpg

tivo5.jpg

tivo6.jpg

tivo7.jpg

tivo8.jpg

tivo9.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Yeah that's the type of pics I was after. Looks smart. Good to use? How much did it set you back, if you don't mind me asking? Are you on one of the VIP packages, or work for VM perhaps?