ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm installation advice (172 cup)

Ok so I've got a 172 cup with a Cobra 7895 alarm fitted by renault when it was imported - like most people

The little red LED never flashes and the damn thing NEVER makes a noise

So I ordered a brand new Cobra 7895 alarm from renault - with loom and fitting kit

Swapped the alarm over today (in scuttle panel) but it made no difference :( still dead

Started tracing wires back and it gets a bit weird
The yellow and red wires don't go into the car - they go to the drivers fuse box. Red one has a 15a fuse inline - yellow one is just soldered straight to a yellow wire

Then the bonnet switch, led and sensors inside are all fine

But then three cables - white/black + white + black go up behind the glovebox to near the stereo

So I took the dash top off and it's a bit weird. One of them is soldered to the hazard light wiring - i'm assuming so it can flash the indicators when the alarm goes off
One is connected to the brown wire on the central locking switch - but in the manual this one says "CODE" which I assume is immobiliser
Is this just a signal wire that tells the alarm that keyfob button has been pressed so it should alarm/unalarm

Then the black wire which is an earth was just cut - went no-where

So I think obviously the problem with the alarm is no earth

What I'm planning tomorrow is fitting the new alarm and wiring loom in exactly the same way that the current one is fitted (but neater)

But i'm a bit confused that in the installation guide it says all 5 of the wires should go to a plug under the glove box that comes from the UCH

I can't find that plug - or the UCH or anything like it

Are cups different? Is that why mines wired directly into the dash loom?

Thanks

Vee 6
I don't think cups came with the alarm upgrade plug.

It needs hard wired... And by the sound of things, the last guy hasn't done a great job of it.....

Try this guy, He's a really good alarm engineer and a really nice guy.

Ian Mewes
Main Toad Laserline Sigma And Gemini Dealer
Leeds
07774 446402

Tell him Sean from Auto Installs but his name forward and he'll look after you.

LOL the alarm was installed by renault when it was imported - got the thatcham certificate for it and everything :(

I'll try wiring the new one up in the exact same way but if it doesn't work I think I'm gonna remove all the bodged wiring so I just have an immobiliser - and save up to have a clifford or something fitted

Clio 200 full fat
LOL the alarm was installed by renault when it was imported - got the thatcham certificate for it and everything :(

I'll try wiring the new one up in the exact same way but if it doesn't work I think I'm gonna remove all the bodged wiring so I just have an immobiliser - and save up to have a clifford or something fitted

hey guys did anyone ever get to the bottom of this sounds the same as me and i cant get my siren to work