ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm Imobiliser on a A82?

Inferno 182
My insurance want proof of a thatcham security device on my 2005 RB182. Does the factory fitted device not cover this?
Gaz

Da

Less
Yes it does, but you need to provide your insurance with the installers certificate, which should be in your owners manual (assuming it has the alarm?).

Alarm is Cat 1.
Immobiliser is Cat 2.

Inferno 182
Thanks for reply. Hmmmm, Thats a problem as i dont have the owners manual. How can there be an installers cert if it's factory fitted? It does have an alarm which looks FF but how would i know?

Da

Less
The alarms are fitted at the import centre when they land at the docks, before delivery to the dealer.

Does it have a small red LED down by the gear stick?

Da

Less
Then it will have the OE cat 1 alarm.

What insurance company are you with?

Inferno 182
It's via HIC who are a broker. Cant remeber the actual insurer off the top of my head. Cars not an import, i know that for sure.

Da

Less
Well if it's definitely not an import, then I can't understand why they need proof. It's UK spec and as such will have the alarm.

Maybe try calling RUK and ask if they have the installers details on the system?

Inferno 182
Sorted. Just had to sign a declaration stating that it had a fully functional OEM Alarm & Imobiliser. Happy days eh :D