ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm Fuse

After having continuous alarm problems on my 172 cup, I need to eliminate the alarm fuse.

Ive spent countless hours searching this site, and read many threads about alarm problems, ive acted upon all the advice and im still no nearer to sorting out the problem. ive tried checking siren, all door switches, bonnet switches, etc etc, even bought a new battery.

Ive noticed that no one has actually mentioned the many questions people have posted about the location of the fuse for the alarm.

So here is the big question.......

WHERE IS THE ALARM FUSE?

I wouldnt have thought it would be under the bonnet????!!

Thanks in advance.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
its not under the bonnet, its behind the dash , you read my thread where i said i talked direct to reno, took a while to get to the top meccy but he said its definatly a small black box behind the dash, hes not sure where behind the dash as its fitted in the import grounds and they just put it there, its been in a number of places but always acsessable from the dash, any way...

he says the fuse if on that and is either a 15 or a 30amp fuse dependind on the model of alarm but only 1 fuse and just pull it

its not under the bonnet, its behind the dash , you read my thread where i said i talked direct to reno, took a while to get to the top meccy but he said its definatly a small black box behind the dash, hes not sure where behind the dash as its fitted in the import grounds and they just put it there, its been in a number of places but always acsessable from the dash, any way...

he says the fuse if on that and is either a 15 or a 30amp fuse dependind on the model of alarm but only 1 fuse and just pull it

Yeah, I didnt read your thread till i had posted mine, fantastic advice mate, thank you very much. Ive been waiting for god knows how long for someone to finally tell me where I could get to the fuse.

Like I replied to your thread, im looking for a long term solution to my problem, i want the alarm fully working and I want to replace the fuse as part of my elimination process.

I tell you, its like brain surgery.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v

Yeah, I didnt read your thread till i had posted mine, fantastic advice mate, thank you very much. Ive been waiting for god knows how long for someone to finally tell me where I could get to the fuse.

Like I replied to your thread, im looking for a long term solution to my problem, i want the alarm fully working and I want to replace the fuse as part of my elimination process.

I tell you, its like brain surgery.

just one word of advice from me..... its not a fuse problem thats causing the alarm to go off and on or cause any problems... theres only one fuse on the system and its on the main power to the battery the alarm has a limited storage power for around 30mins but either way its not a fuse im pulling the fuse to compleatly disarm the alarm, so basically no need in continuing in the search for fuse, unless you going to install a new alarm system, (imo i would)