ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alarm beeps 3 times when I UNLOCK the car

M3 SMG
Done a search found no relevant posts, all refer to the problem of it beeping when you lock it.

After my journey home from work I simply lock my car as usual no noises or beeps or anything just all locked as normal.

Twice this week I have gone out in the morning to the car unlocked it and it has given me 3 beeps?

On my BMW this indicated that the alarm had been triggered since you left the vehicle. Is this the sane thing as I didn't hear the alarm and the car is not far from where I sleep??

Rusty Cup
i thought 3 beeps when you locked the car meant you had left a door open, i had fun last nite after leaving my windows open and waiting for the g/f at the train station the alarm kept going off so i closed the windows then locked it and got 3 beeps. i sometimes come back to unlock the car to hear 3-5 beeps, in the hand book it tells you what the beeps mean. Could be down to good old dodgy renault electrics.

M3 SMG
Just received a txt from the mother informing me that bloody thing kept going off last night

So yes it means it went off!!

Red Clio 197 F1
The 3 / 5 beeps can't mean my alarm went off because we have a 5 month old baby girl and her bedroom is directly above the garage - she would definitely wake up, plus I am Ray Mears when it comes to sleep so an ant landing on my pillow would have me jumping out of bed ;-)

Titanium 182
I had that problem, but the alarm never went off in the night though. Did you change the interior light bulbs by any chance?
I had fitted some LED ones and it caused my alarm to go off when unlocking the car, it also beeped 3 times

Fiesta ST3
each extra beeps will mean there is a break in a certain circuit.

i would check the bonnet sensor as thats normally the culprit

failing that, get an alarm guy on the case

Da

Less
Interior sensors probably too sensitive - there is a Renault fix for this I believe.

The number of beeps indicates the sensor that was triggered.

V70 d5 beast
yup i think 3 beeps is the ultra sonic sensors have been set off.. easy way of making them less sensative is to find where the wires go
either on the nsf kick panel or the osf
you should then see coloured plug ends once you've taken off the electrical tape, red to red and white to white just swap them around and that should work

Fiesta ST3
im not sure where i read this but someone said that they left their climate on when they turned the engine off, in doing this the vents stay open so if theres a draft near by your car, it will allow the air to enter the car and maybe tripping the sensors.

try turning climate off then wait for it to close its vents then turn engine off

just a thought!