ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Akrapovic Evo System

CLIO 197 Ultra red
akrapovic for the clio came today

very nice piece of kit. won't have time to fit it until I'm next home from offshore in 2 weeks though

this thing is in a different league in terms of quality. so far very impressed.

thought some of you might appreciate some photos...

Matt e

ClioSport Club Member
looks really nice, bet it will sound awesome one fitted. btw you need to copy the url tag and it will show up in the thread

null_zps7051b8b7.gif
null_zpse8d8d0cc.gif

null_zps87148ad9.gif

null_zpsfdf041b5.gif

null_zps31a6be3a.gif

null_zps35122f96.gif

null_zps905504c4.gif

null_zps7372f77d.gif

Renault Clio 172 cup
Akrapovic are lovely, had a couple of them on bikes, sounded gorgeous very crisp. Still got an endcan off my old Yamaha here....wonder if I can adapt it to fit the clio.

CLIO 197 Ultra red
mig is usually used on mild steel as its not as neat or tidy as tig is on stainless but none the less that akrapovic system still looks good to me!

Mig is used on all metals - carbon, stainless, duplex etc.

we use MIG on pipework (petro chemical) just as much as TIG

TIG is neater, MIG is quicker. quality is no worse. you get spatter with MIG which rubs off.

MIG is used a lot in fab shops as its quicker, TIG is used offshore/ on site more as you don't need a large wire fed reel, just a box, argon bottle and wire so more transportable.

if anything you can make a bad welder look good with TIG.

FRS
Mig is used on all metals - carbon, stainless, duplex etc.

we use MIG on pipework (petro chemical) just as much as TIG

TIG is neater, MIG is quicker. quality is no worse. you get spatter with MIG which rubs off.

MIG is used a lot in fab shops as its quicker, TIG is used offshore/ on site more as you don't need a large wire fed reel, just a box, argon bottle and wire so more transportable.

if anything you can make a bad welder look good with TIG.

We used to weld spacers for pipelines offshore using mig as it was a quicker way, like i was trying to say i'm suprised its not done by tig as tig is normally used for higher quality materials and generally for a nice neat weld, mig is usually used as a quick method.

CLIO 197 Ultra red
the bits that are MIG seem to be the ends of the silencers and the spigot clamp end

im guessing its due to them either being machine welded for accuracy or because less heat is required with MIG so it will distort less

It would be easy to distort such thin material with a TIG torch so I'm not sure if thats the reason.

even for MIG its still a pretty neat job!

CLIO 197 Ultra red
I should have bought a KTR, scorpion or yozza with welds that look like pigeon sh!t thrown on with a rusty trowel.

didnt want a melted diffuser and the need for constant adjustment though...

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Good man, get some pics up!

Had a good brap around in mine yesterday, it's such an awesome bit of kit.

clio 182
had mine fitted 4 months now and love it , got a remap at same time , drive quality so much smoother and sounds awesome , i was unsure about the cost , but well worth it really

CLIO 197 Ultra red
mine has since been remapped at rs tuning and I'm happy with the results. car definitely pulls better and the exhaust has settled down nicely. not too noisy at all

did another track day yesterday and no problems with noise and the car was a bit quicker for sure.

200 GORDINI
mine has since been remapped at rs tuning and I'm happy with the results. car definitely pulls better and the exhaust has settled down nicely. not too noisy at all

did another track day yesterday and no problems with noise and the car was a bit quicker for sure.
definatley more low down torque,doesnt get bogged down if caught in wrong gear,has also eliminated my cold start driveability problems.
used to cough n stutter every morning,doesnt help living at the bottom of a hill.
paul at rs tuning noticed my front cat/manifold assy was breaking up internally so advised getting it changed before my remap.
cant wait......:D