ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Akrapovič or K-teck

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
as I said earlier in the thread, no exhaust on the market will give gains on it's own. The standard system is very good

Our 200 before Akra:

Maximum power- wheels- 176.3bhp @ 7,109rpm
Maximum power- engine- 197.9bhp @ 7,213rpm
Maximum torque- 152.6lbft @ 5,569rpm

Our 200 after Akra:

Max Power @ wheels- 177.7 bhp @ 7,358 rpm
Max Power @ engine- 201.7 bhp @ 7,520 rpm
Max Torque- 148.8 lbft @ 5,877 rpm

So yeah, definately nowhere near Akrapovic's claimed improvement but hey, it sounds awesome.

So many people seem to be saying its silly paying that much for an exhaust on a Clio, but when you put it into proportion:

People were happy to pay £500 for a Yozza on a 172/182, that was worth what, say between £2000 and £5000 ?
So when you think about the Akrapovic being £1000, on a car that's worth double that, (197s) or even triple/quadruple that in the case of 200's...

Doesn't seem so expensive..

Clio 200
over on 197/200/net evreyone highly rates the apov, how ever the £1100 price tag for the full evo system is a bit much, im also in 2 minds between that or the JP exhaust... Apov dose spit flames aparrently.... :D

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
If you have the cash can't see how you can compare the two really different class !

Hero Spec Nimbus 200
get yourself in on the group buy on the jp exhaust thread on 197/200.net

i had a yozza on my 182 and the quality is excellent! its going to be a brilliant exhaust for the 200!

Turbo LY R27
Love how there's so many people giving advice that have never heard/driven or knew they existed lol!!

I had one of the 1st akrapovic systems and they are amazing!! The sound is addictive and low down / midrange is so much better, you can notice the performance difference instantly!! Will fit better than k tec!

clio 200 F4Rt
i have had a 'Povic on my 200 for over a year, and its an excellent bit of kit.

fits perfectly. amazing build quality. well within track day noise limits (tested 88db at goodwood!). quite when cruising. lovely bark when WOT. pops on gear change when warm.

Yes its a fair chunk of money. But its nice to be given the option if your willing to spend it. Rather than being stuck with the usual suspects or some dodgy fred in a shed weld up.

Oh and for willy waving points, I ordered and recieved the first in the country! High 5!

200 Cup
Thank you all for answers and opinions ;).
Still I have not decided which variant to buy. Otherwise I could have bought the Akrapovic, however I am interested in other cheaper variant ... the savings in cost could have done other airbox + remap ... or at least something from this

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I've got a Scorpion cat back stainless exhaust on my 172 and it sounds really good and the performance is much better. It accelerates much better if you floor it. I did a trackday a few weeks ago with it on and was pulling higher speeds than the last day with the old exhaust on.

ian-speedy

ClioSport Club Member
  clio cup race car
I have just fitted an Akrapovic full system on my M3 , it doesn't feel any quicker than standard , and has left me a nice flat spot at around 2k revs , so might be coming back off if nothing can be done about it , the car is still under warranty so I won't have it remapped , shame as it sounds lovely