ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Akrapovič or K-teck

Turbos.
No, they do one for the new Clios. Very, very expensive but you are assured top quality. I would just question the point of spending that on a cat-back for a relatively cheap car...

Audi TT 225 Quattro
They also do car exhaust as well, not of the clio type though lol, more like Ferrari, Porsche, Lamborghini etc ....

Edit: maybe they have started to do clio sysytems then but expect to get your wallet out lol!

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They do a clio system, not in the UK I don't think though.

Anyway, it looks and sounds awesome, I'd go for the Akrapovič.

They have got these systems at Ktec. Its over £1000 for the full system though.

Theres an owner who's got one too. N00die I believe on his AG 200. There's a few YouTube videos too.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
akrapovic seems to be the exhaust to get for the 197/200's... carbon tips ftw:hail:

how much are the clio RS akrapovic systems btw? ive not looked into the prices

edit: £1096 for 8bhp and 13 torque and 7kg saving... hmmm worth it on its own?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
On a Clio? Bit much imo, bit expensive. I actually dislike the tips also.

Just buy a 2nd hand Yozza or wait for Fred's new one if it's a MK2.

200 Cup
akrapovic seems to be the exhaust to get for the 197/200's... carbon tips ftw:hail:

how much are the clio RS akrapovic systems btw? ive not looked into the prices

edit: £1096 for 8bhp and 13 torque and 7kg saving... hmmm worth it on its own?

For K-tech do not know how much growth in the power of the system. I just know that it is 3 kg lighter compared with the original .... and a half cheaper than Akrapovic.

Nissan 350z
I honestly dont see how people justify the price of the Akraprovic.

If you want to fit it because of its performance gains, you could have cams fitted for the same price and they will give better gains. If you want to fit it because its an aftermarket exhaust, there are other systems out there alot cheaper (Ktec, Miltek, SuperSprint).

I suppose for the person who has everything, then sure why not...

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
For K-tech do not know how much growth in the power of the system. I just know that it is 3 kg lighter compared with the original .... and a half cheaper than Akrapovic.

you won't get power gains from an exhaust on it's own

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I honestly dont see how people justify the price of the Akraprovic.

If you want to fit it because of its performance gains, you could have cams fitted for the same price and they will give better gains. If you want to fit it because its an aftermarket exhaust, there are other systems out there alot cheaper (Ktec, Miltek, SuperSprint).

I suppose for the person who has everything, then sure why not...

i was thinking as a standalone mod/replacement exhaust itd be fairly pointless... if you were to couple it with cams/map/itbs etc then it would be a better investment... what kind of gains would akrapovic,cams and a map realistically achieve?

Keith185

ClioSport Club Member
There was a 200 with an Akraprovic exhaust at Silverstone RS trackday last year sounded amazing down the pit straight. Price is another matter lol.

Hai :cool:

6131107681_fa66f33fa1_b.jpg

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?610408-Clio-200-black-Switzerland

Nissan 350z
i was thinking as a standalone mod/replacement exhaust itd be fairly pointless... if you were to couple it with cams/map/itbs etc then it would be a better investment... what kind of gains would akrapovic,cams and a map realistically achieve?

http://www.tour-de-force.co.uk/clio.html

Recommend the following gains are to be had from their: Miltek + Remap + Cams.
Stage 3 - + 19bhp/20ftlbs = TDF Remap, 7800RPM Rev Limit, CAT Cams, Miltek Exhaust System, New Cambelt Kit = £1300 + VAT

I imagine this would be a good guide regardless of Exhaust brand.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

http://www.tour-de-force.co.uk/clio.html

Recommend the following gains are to be had from their: Miltek + Remap + Cams.
Stage 3 - + 19bhp/20ftlbs = TDF Remap, 7800RPM Rev Limit, CAT Cams, Miltek Exhaust System, New Cambelt Kit = £1300 + VAT

I imagine this would be a good guide regardless of Exhaust brand.

the above > akrapovic :p

im glad this thread popped up actually... i was looking to get an akrapovic when i upgrade... i think ill be seeing TDF instead :D cheers sagara

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I've only heard on videos and it didn't really sound of anything in particular.

Clio Sport 182
Akra never seemed to be as good as the other top brands (Arrow, Yoshimura, Termi's) i only had one Akra system on my R6 never got on with it.....

..........That said, wow that looks awsome, i really would buy one for my car if it was availible

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
I've fitted a scorpion stainless cat back system on my 172. It's quite a large tail pipe but it sounds nice and gives a bit of extra power. There's a write up in this months EVO about a 182 they fitted a Scorpion system to.