ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aircon dead?

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Just recently my aircon has stopped working - 56 plate clio 1.5D. I press the button and the light comes on but that's it, no clunk or change in revs to indicate it's been activated. i checked the fuse but it's fine. So what i need to know is, is this typical of no gas in it, or regardless of the gas would i still get the clunk and revs drop to indicate it was on. It's still under warranty (just) so i wanted to be armed with some answers before Renault try and fob me off with a re-gas i will be charged with.

Thanks for any pointers

Megane dci 130
Air con service sceduals are every 3 years I belive, so yours is due. They do loose a little gas over time and when they do go under a certain level they presure sensor will not let the aircon to be activated.

It could also be a poor connection on the compresser its self, that normally flags a fault on clip.

Clio III - S 1.5dci
Just one day nothing happened - typically when we had that hot weather :) Been away with work alot, so only getting around to it.