ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbags coded to the car?

HBT 172 Cup
I've had a rageing hissy fit and managed to bend the tabs on the passenger side airbag on my 172 cup. Also the 3x screw holes are threaded so the dash doesnt screw in tight.

My mate is splitting his cup so i might use his airbag, are they coded to the car or are they just plug and play?

HBT 172 Cup
Lol has that ever actually happened to anyone? cant imagine that would be a pleasant experience. Thankfully the car its comeing from hasnt had a battery in it for a couple of months i think, so everything should be discharged :)

Clio.
Good stuff, it has happened, once to a lad I used to work with, he was a bit of a bull in a china shop with working on cars, and yes he wasn't impressed.... We always gave him airbag jobs after a while :p he hated us for it.