ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Warning Light, Fault Code: P350C ,Cannot find out what it means

Clio Mk2
For a few years now my airbag warning light and service light kept periodically coming on but went off when I wiggled the wires under the passenger seat.
Last winter wilth all of the rain the sunroof leaked and there was about 3 inches of water in the foot wells for about a week, before I managed to take the sunroof off and seal it up.
I think since then the Airbag warning light will not turn off.

I have cut out all of the connection blocks under both seats and soldiered the wire together but the light will still not go out.
I got a friend to plug in his OBD2 reader and it showed a few faults in the memory about the lose connector wires under the seats which he cleared off.

The only currently active fault says P350C- please refer to the service manual.

I have searched all over the internet for this code but it does not seem to exist!

Does anyone know what this code could mean?

Is it worth buying a new airbag ECU or getting it send away for a reset in the hope that is will fix the warning light?

I have taken out the airbag ECU and it doesn’t look like it has gotten wet.

I took out the side impact sensors under the seats to have a look at them and they seemed fine.

My MOT is due and since March this is an MOT fail so I really need to sort it fast.
I don’t want to have to pay a garage £500 to fix something that I feel so close to sorting out myself.

Any help would be great
Thanks
Jib

Which OBD2 reader are you using?

Generic readers only read engine management lights and cannot access ABS or Airbag ECU's.

A code starting in a P is usually engine related so would generally have nothing to do with an airbag fault. IIRC, Renault airbag codes start with a DF.

You will need to find somebody who has a code reader that can access the airbag ECU. The Autel FR704 is a good handheld device, or find someone local on here who has Clip.

Clio Mk2
Thanks for the advice.
Yes I tried with my cheapy £10 OBD2 reader first and couldn't see any air bag info.
That is why I took it to my friend who is a mechanic and has a £200+ OBD2 (not sure which one, it was a big Orange one) this could read the Airbag warnings as I have said in my post , he even cleared all the old warnings out of the memory but still the airbag light is on with the only active code P350C.