ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag Resistor

Hiya guys apologies in advance as i know this has been covered 1000 times but i cannot find the answer im looking for as the search button is useless. Just fitted buckets in my cup 172, got a 3.3ohm resistor, but where does it go? any help much apreciated.

Here is what's under the drivers seat.
DSC05258.jpg
DSC05259.jpg

Bumder With A Buffer
You need to stick it between the Orange and Brown! wires dude on the black connector

Last edited:
Usually you need to have it "reset" unless you disconnected the battery before removing the airbag and adding the resistor? They don't normal self-cancel as a precaution incase there's an intermittent fault and it went out even though there is a problem with the airbag system.

I have just disconnected the battery, left it over an hour. then re connected it. Still have the SERV light on. Anyone know how i can sort this out?

just cant work out why the resistor don't work, When it has done for other people.

It probably has done, but it you triggered an airbag light (say if you didn't disconnect the battery beforehand), then even if you refit the airbag back the light will stay on until it's inspected/reset by a diagnostic machine.

Disconnecting the battery after won't make any difference as the fault is recorded on the ECU memory and won't go away until it's reset. When the battery is disconnected BEFORE, the airbag control module won't notice the disconnection and can't leave an error on the ECU.

Does anyone know if there is anyone around the sussex area who will reset the ecu? so i can clear this fault light. Or will i have to take it to renault?

Volvo S60 T5
If your down Portsmouth way I can do it on my clip system no problems, reset and reconfigure computer so light never comes on again.