ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag nightmare

ive been trying to turn of my airbags with a rstuner but having a right ol time of it.
There's two faults I the car at he moment with the airbag computer but I don't know what they mean, does anyone know whether these two faults "dtc 907" might be having something to do with my problems??

See the photo for the example

Cheers for any help

Ps the problem I'm having is can't delete faults or update which sensors are disabled

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    522.3 KB · Views: 71

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
ive been trying to turn of my airbags with a rstuner but having a right ol time of it.
There's two faults I the car at he moment with the airbag computer but I don't know what they mean, does anyone know whether these two faults "dtc 907" might be having something to do with my problems??

See the photo for the example

Cheers for any help

Ps the problem I'm having is can't delete faults or update which sensors are disabled

New airbag ecu time imo as i bet its locked (ecu senses a crash has happend)

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Depends you need to match up the numbers post up a pic of air bag ecu ill ask my mate that strips them if he has one that matchs up

Thanks I'll try get one tomorrow, all I can get is this at the moment as I put it back together earlier.
I'm I being dumb or are all phase 2 172 the same??

Ok got an update from Henk at rstuner.
He says that even if the ecu was replaced I will not be able to turn off the light.
From what he says all sensors must have no faults for me to be able to disable the airbags via rstuner. Ie all the hardware must be installed to disable air bags. Seeing that I've thrown away or sold everything does that mean I'm stuffed??

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Ok got an update from Henk at rstuner.
He says that even if the ecu was replaced I will not be able to turn off the light.
From what he says all sensors must have no faults for me to be able to disable the airbags via rstuner. Ie all the hardware must be installed to disable air bags. Seeing that I've thrown away or sold everything does that mean I'm stuffed??
Thats bulls mate as i used rs tuner when my seats where unpluged.

Just what I thought??? Only reason I went for a RStuner is cos I'm a lazy bugger and couldn't be bother to fit resistors or take the bulb out.

On that note has anyone ever just removed the LED? Might be my only option at the moment

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Just what I thought??? Only reason I went for a RStuner is cos I'm a lazy bugger and couldn't be bother to fit resistors or take the bulb out.

On that note has anyone ever just removed the LED? Might be my only option at the moment
Tbh mate it seems like henk has made the rstuner abit s**t. Y would u leave the system in place yet disable it?. Locking the ecu to his maps. Blokes a fool

Hmm it definitely isn't doing the job it should :/ shame I'd have got a proper remap if I hadn't bought this but seemed good value

Oh well sh*t happens. Thinking of taking off the dash tomorrow to pull the airbag light has anyone done this and does it work?? I know the serv light will stay on but that doesn't bother me

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Hmm it definitely isn't doing the job it should :/ shame I'd have got a proper remap if I hadn't bought this but seemed good value

Oh well sh*t happens. Thinking of taking off the dash tomorrow to pull the airbag light has anyone done this and does it work?? I know the serv light will stay on but that doesn't bother me
Cover the light with black tape rarther than braking the led

Just a thought ....
With new mot rules if there is no light at all will I still fail the test?? I've read so many different views on this

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Airbag is definitely only an advisory providing it doesn't illuminate at all, abs etc have to function as intended otherwise they will fail.

SORTED
Got a new air bag ecu of eBay for £15. Plugged in the rstuner and fixed within a minute.
So boll*cks to not being able to remove warnings if the seat/wheel are already removed. I've still got two warnings which I can't remove but there not present so the airbag light goes out as it should.
Just in time to get an mot ready for next weekend at llandow :D

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
It's the oposite. If you program the ECU to not have airbags and they're still plugged in you'll get an error.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Yup
Driving down from Worcester will you be there? It's my first track day, so excited for it I'll be there in a silver 172 and my bro with a p1

Certainly will be, going across from Lydney if you wanna tag along?

It's the oposite. If you program the ECU to not have airbags and they're still plugged in you'll get an error.
Yup first time I disengaged all of them and it had a right paddy. I've disengaged only those missing now but there are two code which won't delete from history. Doesn't bother me really now the lights off. Plus I've locked any existing bags just incase I get over ambitious next weekend lol

Certainly will be, going across from Lydney if you wanna tag along?
Hmm bit jealous of your short trip. I've got nearly two hours, think I'll be packing ear protectors.
Not sure on our plan yet so might see you on route :) better be good weather !!

Mazda MX5 & Clio 182
I have a similar issue, picked up a track day toy, but ALL airbags have been removed however the light is on the dashboard. can anyone advise what i need to do to get the light turned off.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I would assume that they could all be turned off using clip? I'm in the process of modifying a spare loom to see what I can do, although my car isn't road legal and gets trailered to the track now so I'm in a different boat to most with regerds to mot/road standards

I have a similar issue, picked up a track day toy, but ALL airbags have been removed however the light is on the dashboard. can anyone advise what i need to do to get the light turned off.
Once my ecu was sorted this was a five minute job with an rstuner. So get 2nd hand rstuner off here, change the airbag ecu to not read faulty/missing sensors, then flog the rs tuner. This way when you turn on the car airbag lights up as normal and shuts off to say the system is ok

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Once my ecu was sorted this was a five minute job with an rstuner. So get 2nd hand rstuner off here, change the airbag ecu to not read faulty/missing sensors, then flog the rs tuner. This way when you turn on the car airbag lights up as normal and shuts off to say the system is ok

This is part of what I'm hoping to do by playing with the loom, until I get to the point of doing a custom dash, I hate having warning lights on lol