ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag light service light!??

clio 1.2 extreme :(
I just bought a new car a 2001 1.2 clio and it has the 182 steering wheel, the airbag light is on and so is the service light but they often just go off??

Im confused, maybe the service light comes on cause the airbag on the drivers side hasnt been connected right??

Someone help!

Clio 1.6 16v 2000
Im confused, maybe the service light comes on cause the airbag on the drivers side hasnt been connected right??

what?

the airbag light will turn on when starting the vehicle almost as a sign to say that its switched on. it should then turn off after a few secs. if its constantly illuminated it means that there is a fault in the sytem somewhere and it needs to be resolved for the airbags to be most effective.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
The airbag light is a common problem . It's usually a loose connection under either the passenger seat or drivers seat . I had it in my 172 , just wriggle the wires and that usually sorts it out .

Clio 1.6 16v 2000
The airbag light is a common problem . It's usually a loose connection under either the passenger seat or drivers seat . I had it in my 172 , just wriggle the wires and that usually sorts it out .

do renault suffer from this aswell do they? pug, citreon and bmw suffer with it aswell. as a repair, we cut the plug out and fit a new plug on, but as a quick diy job u can cut the plug out and crimp the wires together