ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag ECU locked?!

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
Hi guys, I have the dreaded airbag and service light combo on. I borrowed a mates snap on diagnostic tool and tried to clear codes and turn the lights off, however it comes up saying the airbag ECU is locked. Any one have any idea how to get around this or switch airbag lights off?! Cheers.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
The airbag and service light was on when I bought it, however it was hpi clear and hasn't had any since I bought it.

BMW M135i
An airbag has been triggered previously. So it's most likely been shunted, at best big pothole and fired a pretensioner.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
The airbag and service light was on when I bought it, however it was hpi clear and hasn't had any since I bought it.

There are wires under your seats. fiddle with them and the light should go off - unless it's been in an impact.

It's a common fault, and the Renault fix is to solder the wires together and remove the connector blocks.

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
I've just looked an if I got the passengers airbags off on the door, could that effect it when trying to run diagnostics? I keep the switch in the off position all the time as I have my little one in his baby seat in front almost daily. An I'll try the wires now. One mech I just spoke to said just to replace the airbag ECU an offered to do that an full diagnostics for around 70.

BMW M135i
The seat airbag wires will show fault not lock the computer, only a detonation event will do that. Either replace or have its memory wiped once you've ensured no other problems have been left.