ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Airbag connector under passenger seat fix?

Black 172
Hope someone can help. I've got the issue with the lights coming on which goes away when the connection is wiggled and I want to fix it.

Here's a couple of pics of what under the passenger seat looks like (Ph2 172)

underseat.jpg

underseat2.jpg
Click to enlarge

I'm getting confused because I've read two different instructions in my forum searches, can anyone explain exactly what to do?

Black 172
What I think is confusing me, is I only have a blue and brown wire going in to the grey plug.There isn't a blue and brown wire on the other side of the grey plug which I was expecting there to be. Is my config different to others or am I misunderstanding the instructions?

Black 172
Ok but which wires to connect?

From reading instructions etc I'm imagining doing this:

ps.jpg
Click to enlarge

But that doesn't look right to me?

You put resitors in the plugs, there is a guide on here with pictures that explains.

DONT cut any wires thats just stupid, try cable tying the plugs/taping them so they are held firmly together. See if this stops the light before fitting resistors.

Black 172
"Don't cut the wires that's just stupid"...?! I thought that was the official way to fix it...
And I thought resistors were only if you were removing the airbags?

I might just leave it, I can't seem to get an answer... I'm amazed there's no proper guide out there for such a common problem, just a few vague posts about what to do, that could be interpreted in different ways.