ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air filter in a good position?

Volantech CC Panels
Not sure if the current set up of the air filter is in a good enough position to take in cold air

I opened the bonnet and it was quite hot so i don't know now

ps. the filter is a pipecross one

xcvjww.jpg
110jdsk.jpg

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
You want to get it as far away from the engine as possible, because that is obviously where the heat is coming from.

AG 200 cup
Looks like it will get quite warm there but shouldn't lose any noticeable power, but you seem to still have your standard filter box on aswell?

Clio 172 phase 1
I'd cut the battery tray thingy down and buy some pipe and run It over to the ( right ) on the pic in front of the battery like a 172

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
I'd cut the battery tray thingy down and buy some pipe and run It over to the ( right ) on the pic in front of the battery like a 172

This is the place where you'll get most power (although you'll probably still be down on power)

However does power really matter on a 1.2? Not for me.

Oh, and get rid of the OEM filter. Looks silly.

Volantech CC Panels
it was literally a quick job, just took out the pipe from the stock air box and put it on the new one, i think i'm going to get a pipe, put it next to the battery and run a cold air feed