ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

air con problem please help!

CLIO Iceberg 172
right,

after getting my aircon refilled, the refill guy found out that my aircon pump wasnt engaging when the air con was switched on in the cabin, he run a very cheap and quick dignostics and found that there is nothing wrong with the dash, and he run a direct 12V to the pump and it worked too, so its not the pump....

its somewhere inbetween, so i need you guys help to try and track this problem down or at least give me a starting point, that i should run a volt meter across etc,

what controls the 12v supply? if it an't the fuse whats next,

dose anyone have a diagram on the aircon wiring or some sort of mechanical layout where i can start....

please help guys iv got a full regassed system i cant use.... and need every help

Lots of Alfas
Im trying to think what I did to fix mine. Bear in mind the air con wont come until 5 secs after starting the car, the fan has to be on at least 1 speed and the compressor wont engage if there is no pressure in the system. From memory there is a connector to a pressure sensor near the fan (passenger side) on the condenser which sometimes gets knocked, check that. If theres 12v going to the pump but its not coming on then could that be buggered?? Can you here the little clutch engage when the air con is switched on??

Last edited:
C

Cupster

Im trying to think what I did to fix mine. Bear in mind the air con wont come until 5 secs after starting the car, the fan has to be on at least 1 speed and the compressor wont engage if there is no pressure in the system. From memory there is a connector to a pressure sensor near the fan (passenger side) on the condenser which sometimes gets knocked, check that. If theres 12v going to the pump but its not coming on then could that be buggered?? Can you here the little clutch engage when the air con is switched on??

fyi....sounds like a click, similar to a relay turning on.

CLIO Iceberg 172
na i heard it when the guy run a straight 12v to it, it come on, but nope nothing, the systems fully gassed and the fuse is fine, i will check this sensor tomorow when i have some light.... just got a workshop manual for mk 2 clio, says it covers everything so i will give it a read through tonight keep the sugesstions coming guys....

CLIO Iceberg 172
right guys i checked the sensor on the passanger side of the rad, for the aircon, it looks fine how would i test it??? whats the resistance i should have? i had another look round the whole system and it all looks fine, what number fuse is the air con on? all i see is two fan pics on the fuse cover is it one of them?

Lots of Alfas
It says in the manual that the air con wont come on if the external temp is low (or the car thinks its low). Not sure if it uses the info from the external sensor on the mirror??

CLIO Iceberg 172
errrm sorry to rain on ya parade but its 25oC outside lol both sensors are fine and the panel is sending information back to the ecu... so i think its eather got to be that or its got to be one of the relays any one know where they are located i can see on the wireing diagrams what they are connected too but i cant see where in the car they are located