ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Con Judder?

Titanium 182
Hi, the hot weather has got me using my air con for the first time which has led me to find that after it's been running for a couple of minutes the car starts to judder at low speeds? At first I thought my clutch had started to go but the juddering definitely stopped when I turned the AC off.
Car is going in for it's MOT at the end of the month and I am getting some work carried out so is there anything I could get the mech to check for this problem?

Thanks in advance all!

Ash J

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1 172
Pretty normal I would think? Probably just the idle dropping due to switching air con on. Bit like if you use both electric windows at idle, or a lot of electrical things at once, revs will dip slightly.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Put your air con on, rear heated screen, and try putting both windows down at once, she'll shudder like a goodun then.

Titanium 182
Ok sounds normal then haha, thanks for the input! I thought I might have had some issues with the belt or something :up: