ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air con & HPAS delete

Track 172 & Golf R32
Just want to double check just do I can make sure I've got all the right bits for my air con delete and my EPAS conversion on the weekend. I have ordered the following...

7700718613 tensioner bracket
8200031832 top bracket
7703101094 alternator bolt
7703101076 block bolts x3

Am I right in saying that my standard ph2 172 alternator won't work with this and I will need to source a cup alternator?

If so wheres the best place to find a cup alternator as I've had a quick look and not had much luck so far

Thanks in advance

Track 172 & Golf R32
I want to order the remaining bits in the morning so if someone can shed some light on it this evening I would really appreciate it.

Is a 172 cup alternator required when I convert to EPAS and when I remove aircon this weekend or is it possible to get around this in any way?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
Can't help with part numbers until this afternoon but alternator wise you will need a different one.

The cups ran a 75 amp alternator rather than the standard 110 found on most sports, you can use a 75 amp alternator from the 1.9d diesel range of clio/megane/kangoo but it has to be from 98-01 ish and pre dci too. I have personally run one so I know it works fine and will hold up on track fine too.

I bought one second hand from a breaker as a last minute emergency after having my cup alternator blow up the day before a track day but there are plenty available bother new/refurbished and second hand on ebay

Track 172 & Golf R32
Can't help with part numbers until this afternoon but alternator wise you will need a different one.

The cups ran a 75 amp alternator rather than the standard 110 found on most sports, you can use a 75 amp alternator from the 1.9d diesel range of clio/megane/kangoo but it has to be from 98-01 ish and pre dci too. I have personally run one so I know it works fine and will hold up on track fine too.

I bought one second hand from a breaker as a last minute emergency after having my cup alternator blow up the day before a track day but there are plenty available bother new/refurbished and second hand on ebay

Thanks a lot for that mate. I searched a Clio cup reg plate on Euro car parts last night and it come back with a few to choose from for £130. Fuming really last week they had 30% off parts.

So the other models you mentioned which I think the Laguna is included in to iirc are the same design so in theory should bolt on when using the cup top bracket and tensioner bracket?

Clio 172 Merc ML55
They are indeed and bolt straight on with no issues, I've not researched whether the laguna is the same but I'd be very surprised if it wasn't, I'm currently using a kangoo one so I know they work, as I said before though make sure it's not off a dci as they are different

Track 172 & Golf R32
They are indeed and bolt straight on with no issues, I've not researched whether the laguna is the same but I'd be very surprised if it wasn't, I'm currently using a kangoo one so I know they work, as I said before though make sure it's not off a dci as they are different

Have you just deleted air con then? I'm
Going to start tomorrow and pick up an alternator on Monday and get it in

Clio 172 Merc ML55
No air con and running epas, amongst a lot of other bits and pieces. All my aux belt runs is water pump and alternator

Clio Sport 182
The laguna 2.0 is the f4r engine but the smaller engines are a completely different type. Also are you willing to sell the air con pump as mines not working, I think (and hope) it's a wiring issue but if not I'd be interested in yours assuming it works OK?

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
I think you are missing the adjustment bolts from that list.

172 Ph1
74429cf25d9b12fb86c506b5249b55a1.jpg

This is a cup bracket , part number is on the side .
Different to the one you have listed