ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Air Bag & SERV light staying on!!

Jap Box
Either your car has been in a smash before and had an airbag go off, which has then been replaced but not had your airbag compuyter reset meaning the light will still be on, or simply the connectors uner the drivers/passenger seat are playing up.

Its a common fault, have a look under there and fiddle around with the wires till the light goes off.

Clio 172 Cup
Either your car has been in a smash before and had an airbag go off, which has then been replaced but not had your airbag compuyter reset meaning the light will still be on, or simply the connectors uner the drivers/passenger seat are playing up.

Its a common fault, have a look under there and fiddle around with the wires till the light goes off.

It's defo NOT been in a smash and had the Air Bags go off, I know that much!!
So you reckon it's the wires under the seats that are playing up then?!

renaultsport clio172
get the fault codes read out of the airbag ecu, just had it with mine and it was the passenger seat pretensioner plug. the code was- passenger buckle pretensioner out of range. i cut the plug off and used some bullet connectors to replace it with, then cleared the fault codes and all back to normal!! get the fault codes read then you know where the problem lies.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
often the cables wear down and eventually brake or some crap and then this happens. you can cut and crimp if thats happened. or as above ^^

tbh i just left it for ages, then got new seats and now there not even plugged in at all