ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ag srp

soon to be 182 ;)
bought a 1l bottle for £11.99

whats the best way to apply? and ive heard that the more layers you do the better? then i will top with either collinte 476 or milligor original blend

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You could apply 2 layers Todd but the 2nd layer would just be for coverage, SRP will strip anything that is on the car so it'll also strip layers of itself.

Apply 2 for even coverage and decen filling ability. Apply via DA or by hand preferebly with a polishing applicator like this....

lake-country-polishing-hand-pad-lg.jpg

Or...

zwhitebluesponge.jpg

If not just use one of those yellow ones mate, it'll be reet.

soon to be 182 ;)
cheers mate, do i need to apply much pressure or do anything else? saw that some people sprayed the applicator with detailing spray so that the srp doesnt come off dusty?

You can spritz a small amount of QD on the pad to reduce the dust, but SRP is quite a dusty product.

soon to be 182 ;)
You can spritz a small amount of QD on the pad to reduce the dust, but SRP is quite a dusty product.

ok cheers, do i need to let the srp cure or just work it in with a bit of pressure? and will it go clear? then buff off?

Can you apply more layers of SRP
Yes you can. The more layers you give your car, the more swirls that will be filled. Up to 5 layers would work really good.

How do you remove old SRP from the paint?
By polishing or claying the paint.

Can SRP be used on wheels?
SRP leaves a great finish on wheels, along to some protection against brake dust and road grime!

LOL to all of the above.

So SRP is removed with polishing, but layering SRP 5 times won't remove it? OK.

soon to be 182 ;)
this is alson on detailing world

Autoglym Super Resin Polish
The first of the "all-in-one" productsm contains fillers, leaves an acryllic sealent layer too.

Before:

This was applied in circular motions and straight lines, for about two minutes per hit and the residue removed with ease (a little bit of duist though). Easy to use product...

Results after three hits:

Results after five hits:

Out of all the products tested, this one achieved the best defect removal - even deeper swirls were mostly dealt with... these were mainly filled, but as an option by hand for defect work, SRP is hard ignore. Excellent results from an underrated product, left a nice glossy finish too!
thumb.gif

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
It's still probably the most used product on DW.

Does what it says on the tin, it astounds me they haven't made a better version with less dusting and no white marking.

It is one of the best all round products. It is still in my arsenal because it is so versatile. A few stubborn marks on wheels? Sorted.

and you dont have to get it off the internet

You mean it's available to the masses. Yes. It is h'actually easier for me to order off the internet. I don't have time to go out to Halfrauds. But I agree, for Joe Bloggs, it is a product that is readily available.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
You mean it's available to the masses. Yes. It is h'actually easier for me to order off the internet. I don't have time to go out to Halfrauds. But I agree, for Joe Bloggs, it is a product that is readily available.
I had "Help" get me it. :eek:

soon to be 182 ;)

thats what i mean yea and is £11.99 for a litre in halfrauds atm

Bumder With A Buffer
I think peoples terminology is wrong

Rather then 5 layers I would say "5 hits", but of course the same could be said of a lot of products!

Lol

Hits is slang for polishing. So giving something three hits with Menzerna on a pad is giving it three passes.

Layers means... layers.

soon to be 182 ;)
Hits is slang for polishing. So giving something three hits with Menzerna on a pad is giving it three passes.

Layers means... layers.

aaah so all what was posted from detailing world is consusing becuase it says 3 hits and 5 hits of 2 minutes working in the polish :/

Bumder With A Buffer
3 hits just means going over the area 3 times.

Edit:- that doesn't mean wiping over it 3 times...working until broken down, buff off and repeat.

But people seem to call it layering.

As far I'm I'm concerned polish is measured in "hits", glazes, sealants and waxes are "layered"

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
If you can get a shot of a DA it'll transform SRP into an even better product.

Fiesta ST-3
If you can get a shot of a DA it'll transform SRP into an even better product.

See I love SRP as a quick method of polishing the car ie without the use of a machine. Is it a better product than some polishes designed for the DA? For example I have Meguires 4 and 6 I think I find them pretty poor tbh.

Bumder With A Buffer
Be careful using the migliore wax...it's oily as fcuk!

Don't put it on thick and constantly swap sides with your mf when buffing off or it will be a git to come off

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
See I love SRP as a quick method of polishing the car ie without the use of a machine. Is it a better product than some polishes designed for the DA? For example I have Meguires 4 and 6 I think I find them pretty poor tbh.
It's quicker using a machine I think.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's what I said to John from PB after I read it, no doubting a great finish but with a little more time and the right pad LP would have given him more permanent results.