ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket wheel - questions

kjf

RSC172 ph2
Hey guys,

Under my house I found dad's brand spankin' Nardi that he bought about 5 years ago.

The wheel itself has a bolt formation like in the picture:
0707htup_15_z+1995_acura_integra_gsr+nardi_torino_rim.jpg

From all the threads on aftermarket wheels I've noticed that everyone has this formation:
momo_Drifting-Steering-Wheel.jpg

(Where there is a central top and a central bottom bolt with 2 vertically aligned bolts on either side)

My question is, if and when I buy a boss/hub kit, will it be for a specific formation of the 6 bolts? Or can i turn the boss kit around a little bit on the spindle to line it all up?

Question 2 - What is the spindle Diametre on Mk 2 172s? (this is the most important bit of info, coz I already have a boss kit I just don't know if it's going to fit and I dont see the point in disconecting airbags etc just to find out it doesnt fit)

Question 3 - How does the horn work/how is it transfered to the new wheel?

edit: Question 4 - I've read that in order to maintain the functionallity of the other airbags you need to "complete the circuit" by using resistors. IIRC its 3-6 ohm? Can i just walk to my local electronics store and say "I need a resistor thats between 3 and 6 ohms" or is it a special size/fitting.
Answers to any of these questions is greatly appreciated.

Cheers