ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket steering wheels, what do you use?

182 FF, A6 Avant
Toying with replacing the wheel for a smaller one. I don't really want to move away from the standard one for cosmetic reasons, but I think practicality dictates.

Curious what people use, any pics? Please include the wheel diameter and if you find it too small, too big etc.

192'd BG 182 FF
I would like to change my wheel so i'm subbed to this. My only issue is the fact that i will lose the steering controls for cruise control which i use alot :/

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I would like to change my wheel so i'm subbed to this. My only issue is the fact that i will lose the steering controls for cruise control which i use alot :/

You dont have to mate, someone on here fabricated the Sabelt RS wheel to accomodate the CC, i'll try and dig it out!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
The cruise control buttons are easily mounted on another wheel, although you will properly struggle to make it look factory.

Personally I like wheels around the 300mm mark, but everyone has a different preference, just try and drive some cars with different size and see what suits you.

My Integra one was so small it looked like a suede covered shirt button, lol

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
I'm thinking about the sabelt wheel. Not too fussed on keeping cruise control no more.
I'm stuck on what boss is what.
Can you have a quick release with the sabelt wheel?

Lol at shirt button chip :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive got an OMP corsica in mine. I think its 350 but i cant remember :l

Got it for 30 quid brand new from my mrs cousin :p

As its dished, it sits pretty far out which i like, but i would imagine some wouldnt like this!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359710098142.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359710098142.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 229
Last edited:
I want an aftermarket too but not sure which one.

OMP Trecento is £75.

Sabelt is expensive, looks awesome but will wear out quickly.

192'd BG 182 FF
Wow Chip! Firstly that thing looks like a track monster! And i think that wheel size would be great for me (Being 6ft 4 with the standard 182 wheel doesn't leave my legs any room to move). I'll be looking at 280-300mm wheels then!

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Wow Chip! Firstly that thing looks like a track monster!

Yeah it would have been if it hadnt got stripped by theives and valdalised before I ever totally finished it :(

integra3.jpg

integra5.jpg

integra6.jpg

And i think that wheel size would be great for me (Being 6ft 4 with the standard 182 wheel doesn't leave my legs any room to move). I'll be looking at 280-300mm wheels then!

The wheel is the only thing I have left, now in my mk1 clio, like you say it helps for leg room although im only 6 foot so not such an issue.

6397afac.jpg

Nothing like the spec of the teg TBH as a car but should still be fun and I no longer have the income I did then (literally I am like a grand a week after tax worse off these days!)

192'd BG 182 FF
Oh man :eek: Anything get done about the vandals that did it? I can't begin to imagine how annoyed you must have been for that to happen, looks like you put a hell of alot of work and effort into that. Bay looks stunning in the above pictures!

Last edited:
  172 cup
Sabelt wheel is awesome but not cheap, I bought one 6 months ago and tbh it's starting to look a little bit worn already but it doesn't really bother me it still feels good and functions as a steering wheel. As for retaining steering wheel controls PM Ian_s he managed to do it and make it look pretty good.

Also nice integra chip shame you never got to finish it. ^^^

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Oh man :eek: Anything get done about the vandals that did it? I can't begin to imagine how annoyed you must have been for that to happen, looks like you put a hell of alot of work and effort into that. Bay looks stunning in the above pictures!

I never caught the people who stripped it and vandalised it, they did over several cars in the same workshop and thankfully that was my only one in there, if I had caught them then TBH I would probably still be doing time for it so its probably for the best I didnt, was a good 20-30K gone though and wasnt insured at the time as obviously to insure a very modified car for a decent agreed value you have to provide full list of mods and photos etc and you cant do that till you are finished, annoying thing was I was only about a month off doing so!

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Can you have a quick release boss on a sabelt wheel?
I may go for a cheaper wheel if the sabelts wear quickly

Gutting chip :(

192'd BG 182 FF
I never caught the people who stripped it and vandalised it, they did over several cars in the same workshop and thankfully that was my only one in there, if I had caught them then TBH I would probably still be doing time for it so its probably for the best I didnt, was a good 20-30K gone though and wasnt insured at the time as obviously to insure a very modified car for a decent agreed value you have to provide full list of mods and photos etc and you cant do that till you are finished, annoying thing was I was only about a month off doing so!

Woah! 20-30k?! i take it you had the dogs danglies for every part in the thing! You build that engine yourself also? (i have seen your engine rebuild for porkie and the thing was absolutely immaculate!) Could you not claim off contents cover for the workshop? You can't believe the sort of scumbags that would do something like that to your pride and joy :(

Thrust-Rated

ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Ok cheers. I will probably PM you for advice when I actually come to sort one out. Cheers chip

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Woah! 20-30k?! i take it you had the dogs danglies for every part in the thing! You build that engine yourself also? (i have seen your engine rebuild for porkie and the thing was absolutely immaculate!) Could you not claim off contents cover for the workshop? You can't believe the sort of scumbags that would do something like that to your pride and joy :(

I was just borrowing a corner of a mates workshop so no mate it wasnt covered that way either.
I didnt build the engine itself on this one as I bought the car part completed off my mate as he decided to build a drag car instead and the engine was already done.

192'd BG 182 FF
Ahh damn, such a loss! Well i hope all goes well with your cars from now on, so awkward to find the space to keep cars and then scrotes like that come along and wreck it!
But yeah, back to the point, i'm trying to look at some steering wheels now but half the makes i don't recognise. What wheel that isn't a sabelt would you get for under £200?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ahh damn, such a loss! Well i hope all goes well with your cars from now on, so awkward to find the space to keep cars and then scrotes like that come along and wreck it!
But yeah, back to the point, i'm trying to look at some steering wheels now but half the makes i don't recognise. What wheel that isn't a sabelt would you get for under £200?

Have a look on the demon tweeks website they have a section you can search on size etc, then see if you can find the wheel you like somewhere else cheaper as often you can.

192'd BG 182 FF
Thanks very much! Nice to talk to someone helpful rather than being humored for being quite new to all of this!

182 FF, A6 Avant
330mm on mine. Where are you in Berkshire? I'm Reading and you're welcome to have a quick drive of mine if it helps?

Appreciated. Nr Jct 12 at the moment. Car is buggered and off to Budgie tonight though.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Ah, well I'm skiing at the mo, but back in the UK on Tues. If you do fancy testing / seeing mine then PM me. I'm about most nights and jct 12 isn't more than 10 mins away at the right time of night. Say hello to Mike for me, he has helped me on mine a number of times so it will be in a safe pair of hands.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Come to the Basingstoke meet and try it then dave. Good chance for you to meet the locals. Tues 11th.