ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket body panels - anyone had any experiences?

Fabia vRS
Hi guys,

My bonnet is rotting from the inside and in need of replacement. Renault stealers have quoted me £180+VAT for a new OE bonnet. Been trying to source a second hand OE bonnet at a reasonable price with no success. On the flip side I've been quoted £50+VAT for a new pattern part bonnet. I've heard both good things and bad things about pattern body parts. Anyone had any experiences that may be useful to me?

Thanks in advance :approve:

Mini Cooper S
Surely you can find one locally? All you need a MK2 Clio bonnet, must be thousands available on the s/h market!

Fabia vRS
Surely you can find one locally? All you need a MK2 Clio bonnet, must be thousands available on the s/h market!

You would think so :S I've rang round every breakers yard in Northants. Not a sausage. Every mk2 ph2 clio they have has had a front end smash. I've been watching second hand OE bonnets on ebay for the last three weeks, all have gone for over £50 and they haven't been local. That's too much money for me to pay for a second hand body panel.

CLIO PH1 172
I would rather pay a little more for a second hand o/e bonnet than a new pattern part one ther must be someone on here with one put a wanted add up mate!!