ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

after the accicent

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
some of you may remember when i posted about the pizzza hut man hitting my car and running. well anyway my car was sent off to d.w.s in grays(who are complete W@NK) they had the car for 3 weeks and ive only just notice they have put the older style front bumper on! they also forgot the recconect the front fogs,the put a dci100 badge on the drivers side and made my car smell like wet dog lol

before:
DSC00168.jpg

the crash:
DSC00262.jpg

after:
DSC00419.jpg

i cant beleive how hard it is for these people to repair a car it took 3 weeks and they still managed to bugger it up the laquer finish is horrible ont the driver side wing

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
i wanted to mate but not to dws, they even lost my locking wheel nut i got a new set paid for but its not the point. my insurance company wont let it go anywhere else, and if it goes back to dws it would be there for ages again and i need my car:dapprove:

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
fact is mate you decide where your car gets fixed and don't let anyone tell you different.
although i do agree the garage should be allowed 1 try to fix it.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
my insurance company said the only other company was fords that they could send it too but they did my mums cars a few months ago,they rebuilt the front suspension and according to vauxhall, when it went for a service, they put some components in upside down lol it defiantely wasnt going there lol

Turbo LY R27
Ive had this problem. The garage who repaired your car are allowed whats called 'a right to reply' which as another chance by law to fix your car and if they f**k up again, then you can take it where you like. Its worth doin mate, and tell your ins company how shite they are coz if they get bad feedback they are less likely to use them in the future.

When you went to collect it, why didn't you pick up on these points then?

I know for a fact, when I collect my car next week i'll be going over it with a fine tooth combe. If there's anything slightly wrong i'll be driving their courtest car back home.

Also, who are you with for insurance? There are insurance approved repairers which they prefer to use, however you can overide them and ask for it to be repaired elsewhere... only downside to this is you won't qualify for a free insurance courtesy car.

I think its too late to go back to your repairers to rectify their problems now, as you would have signed to have the car back to say the repairs are satisfactory.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
When you went to collect it, why didn't you pick up on these points then?

I know for a fact, when I collect my car next week i'll be going over it with a fine tooth combe. If there's anything slightly wrong i'll be driving their courtest car back home.

Also, who are you with for insurance? There are insurance approved repairers which they prefer to use, however you can overide them and ask for it to be repaired elsewhere... only downside to this is you won't qualify for a free insurance courtesy car.

I think its too late to go back to your repairers to rectify their problems now, as you would have signed to have the car back to say the repairs are satisfactory.

that doesnt count for that much mate, its not the owners duty to check fog lamps ect... when you pick the car up.
you will be fine, your ins company should be on your side and i would give
them a chance to fix it then after take it somewhere you want.
make sure you get a courtesy car again mate.

ur megane r26
hey mate, my brother works at that place, i used to live in grays, and yer they are a bunch of absolute c***s but obv not my brother, ask for chris he will do a good job on it, he actually does things properly unlike the other tossers there.

Ignore the insurance company saying it MUST go to a place they choose.

You can choose where it goes regardless of where they would prefer it to go - I work in a bodyshop and have heard of countless times where the insurance have tried to tell the customer they must take it to one of their approved bodyshops.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I got to chose where my car went right from the word go.

Just collected it tonight, its dark and I can't properly tell but it looks spot on, need to wait for some daylight to inspect the respray.

But I can tell you know that if there is anything wrong with it its going straight back.