ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After nice ice system - SQ in mind

Mk2 Golf GTI
Right, after ditching my ****ty vibe 12" after it bust, i'm going to save up for a decent SQ system.

Looking at the following stuff so opinions and advice would be appreciated.

HU - Which one?

Pioneer DEH-P8600MP

Alpine CDA-9855R

Pioneer DEH-77MP

It's going into a mk2 golf so the 77MP is probably the favourite styling wise, but how good is the MP3 interface on it? Can you select the folder on a disc and browse through it before selecting which track to play? You can do this on my mate's DEH-P80MP but the thing is ugly as hell! I'm guessing you can also do it on the 8600 as it has that OEL organic display.

The Alpine's features look great, nice looking unit too but i've heard it can be a bit tempremental when it gets got and face can jam shut?

I'm after a warm sound, not super crystal digital. (Think vinyl Vs CD)

Speaker/amp wise, i was reluctant to spend this much but am looking at the Genesis Profile 2 Ultra and a set of Crystal CSC60S 6.5" components. Can i get a similar sounding system for less?

What about the Genesis Profile 2 (£100 less than the ultra) and a set of Rainbow SLX265 Deluxe etc?

Sub-wise, i think i'm going to go for an 8". either the Crystal Comp 8 or the JL Audio 8W7. But is the JL really £130 better than the crystal? I'm thinking not...

Not sure on an amp for this, didn't want to spend loads. £200-ish or if i wait, £300 max.

Components and a suitable amp are priority as i can use my current HU for now.

After a warm sound and dotn want to be buying any more gear for a good few years so quality is a must!

Mk2 Golf GTI
On second thoughts, how about scrapping the 2 amps and just having one Genesis Profile 4 Ultra?

Then i could have 2 channels for the components and bridge the other 2 for the sub?

This would suit my budget much better but is it still a viable option?

Well im running an SQ system with the Pioneer 7600mp, genesis profile 4, genesis proflie comps and an Arc Audio 10". HU is powering nothing, the amp does it all. Sounds pretty good to me and not too much bass that the car rattles to bits.

Skoda Fabia vRS
ive got a Phase Evolution RS4 amp which i cant be bothered to fit which is brand new if your interested

also a Phase Evolution High Grade 10" sub

can't be bothered to fit Brun!?!?!? after all that research, and the possibility of amazing SQ :eek:

quote - spammy

i don't think i could think of a better system, maybe change the front components, but the arc audio sub is excellent, the p4 amp, again, amazing, and the head unit is a good unit

out of your choices spirez i'd stick with the Alpine 9855, i just have a preference for them over pioneer

and yes, the w7 is worth the extra £130, but only if you're going to spend serious time and money setting it up properly and sound deadening the car fully, for the average car audio listener, the crystal will be more than adequate