ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

AF Product Test - waxes, dressings and cleaners

Finally had time and the weather to test quite a few products;

- AF Imperial
- AF Revive
- AF Spirit
- AF Illusion

Also used in the process;

- AF Tripple
- Hubikote shampoo
- RDS

Car was not massively dirty due to doing so few miles these days, but the Ds2500s on the front should give Imperial something to deal with.

amuvyneh.jpg

udyva7u4.jpg

ytytyvy8.jpg

First up, the wheels. Imperial used in a spray bottle, diluted 10:1 as per the instructions. Probably could have used a higher ratio - shifted the mess easily on protected wheels. I'd be interested to see this stuff on unprotected wheels, but that'll have to wait a week.

pe5ysy3e.jpg

Next up, my favourite shampoo;
2u3ebezy.jpg

Suds up so well, slick even in high hard water areas like mine yet doesn't leave a thing on the surface. Great!

The car was decontaminated and clayed no more than three months ago, so not much point in this stage today. However, I have AF Iron out to test on a future detail thanks to Waxybox!

Once clean, the test areas were givens fresh cleanse with AF Tripple - my favourite AIO by far. This stuff is so impressive. Leaves an incredible shine and finish on red, light blue and silver (as tested on family vehicles thus far).

ajusuhus.jpg

Both wings and bonnet were polished. This was followed up by AF Illusion on the drivers side and AF Spirit on the passengers side.

y5e3uzyb.jpg

eraguzy9.jpg

Thoughts? Both easy on and off. Both spread very far - perhaps Illusion spreads a little better. Both have a pleasant spell so all in all a joy to use. Swipe test used on both, only needed circa 2 mins on before an easy removal. Very thin layers (damp Mega applicator used) - not sure the iPhone really picks up the hazing;

a3atasej.jpg

In terms of looks (most important to me on a red car) Illusion has it, hands down. Warmth and glow were in abundance. Superb look and feel - definitely my new special Summer wax.

Final few things tidied up - first up, Revive;

ga6uruse.jpg

Very good product. But I've been tainted by semi-permanent products such as C4. But AF Revive left a flawless finish on the window rubbers and the only part of the Panzer not C4'd, the scuttle panel.

Next up, tyres. These had been decreased with RDS during the wash phase. Satin had been sent along with AF Spirit so decided to use this. Instructions say one coat for a natural finish, two for more of a sheen. Spot on in my eyes.

Two coats;

yvema5ub.jpg

One coat;

4edadu3u.jpg

Again, a good product. More liquid than the gels in used to such as Megs Endurance. Think this helped with the spread and good finish.

The rest of the car was topped up with C2V3 on all side panels for it's self cleaning properties and as a comparison to the AF waxes.

Final thoughts and photos... Would I use the waxes again? Well longevity will tell a tale for Spirit. The water behaviour too. Illusion looks superb so will definitely use that for Summer. Spirit is a good second. Both were so easy to use and will be nice to have in my collection. I prefer the use of the AF waxes over my usual go to, Carbon and Glasur. Illusion was also less fussy than Glasur so another plus point.

Final photos;

ry7u6u3e.jpg

gy3enatu.jpg

pabavy5u.jpg

5asebasy.jpg

qy4u5eby.jpg

ugu7uda4.jpg

ezyje6eg.jpg

Cheers to Auto Finesse and Richard from Waxybox.

Last edited:

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Nice one jd. Looks good. I've just purchased tripple for myself, looking forward to using it:)

Nice one jd. Looks good. I've just purchased tripple for myself, looking forward to using it:)

Honestly superb. Really is my new fav. No need to correct my car that often so this fits the bill. Brings out some serious shine and is a breeze to use!

Here's Tripple with C2V3 from three months back;

eza5unar.jpg

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
Honestly superb. Really is my new fav. No need to correct my car that often so this fits the bill. Brings out some serious shine and is a breeze to use!

Here's Tripple with C2V3 from three months back;

eza5unar.jpg

tasty. How do u apply tripple? Sparingly with a microfibre?
Then buff off?

Just been out to get fuel (after using some, I'll admit it - something about having a shiny car gives me lead in my right foot!!). Several compliments at the fuel station and at a set of lights in balham. Car looks superb under the amber lights of the fuel station.

Cheers Martin.

Tomorrow is the interior. I've got a few waxybox things to use there such as GTechniq perfect glass, GTechniq Fabric and some dressings.

Honda & VW
Nice write up JD, another lover of Hubicote Hubiwash - it amazing stuff!!!

i won't even make any orange gags..... That's growth right there ;)

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Only you would own matching rubber gloves.

I love illusion makes a sliver car a little more special. :)

Honda & VW
Cheers lad! Indeed, just ordered two full sized bottles now it's in stock!

From where buddy, size and price? I was so impressed with it when I got it in the waxy box a few months ago, shall certainly be purchasing that once my Megs Shampoo plus runs low

Lol Scott.

Ok so today was another test. AF verso on the interior, alongside Swissvax Interior and Lucas oil interior detailer.

ume6y8at.jpg

ry7adage.jpg

yge9ybud.jpg

To be honest, the only thing I could tell between each product was the smell. Verso is great, Swissvax reminds me of a carbonated drink (filled with sparkling water to aid it's cleaning ability, not unpleasant tbh) and the Lucas oil... Well that smells of a dentists mouthwash. As far as I'm concerned, for an interior product, that smell should remain at the dentists!! Not a fan!!

Matts came up great (you can't tell a difference so just before and afters);

qysyduzu.jpg

yzupa4uj.jpg

qe4ajune.jpg

And finally some c2v3 beading - no AF wax beading as the water had run off. A good sign in my eyes as shows they sheet well!

ape9e2y6.jpg

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lovely stuff JD, when did you paint the S3 Red? Used to be a weird Orange colour...

Great show of products mate. My only critiscism of tripple is it seemed to dry so quickly on the surface.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Lovely stuff JD, when did you paint the S3 Red? Used to be a weird Orange colour...

Great show of products mate. My only critiscism of tripple is it seemed to dry so quickly on the surface.

Fat Dave complained of this yesterday. I told him to buff it off quicker. It worked lol

aucky

ClioSport Club Member

It dies but It doesn't cake on IME. It's the same after 20mins as 2mins. In fact, I DA the whole car in it and buff off in one go!