ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aerial

Arctic 182
So I've always had really weak reception on my radio.

I changed the aerial base yesterday, but to no effect. However I noticed that this plug makes no difference whether it's plugged in or not. Can someone tell me what it's for please?

IMG_2531.jpg

Beaten up 182
I'm guessing the base is amplified?
Sorry for the hijack but I've got to change the base too, did you unscrew the middle seat belt and prize the head lining down?

Arctic 182
I'm guessing the base is amplified?
Sorry for the hijack but I've got to change the base too, did you unscrew the middle seat belt and prize the head lining down?

Yeah that's what I thought - might explain my terrible signal. But yeah I did, you also have to pull away the side panel on the drivers side as that is where the other connector is to the one pictured above. Just have to undo the screws and pull it away slightly, then you can disconnect it and connect the new one.

Beaten up 182
Changed it today, thanks for the info. Unfortunately some %^&* had cut the aerial lead so as well as changing the base I had to replace the lead as well.