ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice please on this alloy !!!!!

Clio GT 128
This is the Front alloy on the drivers side.

i took the wheel off today clean and saw this dent.

will this be okay, will it effect anything ?

does it need a new alloy ?

Many thanks

James photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Exactly as i said mate. plymcl172

Look it up before you try and be a smart arse.

Let me know when you find out the answer :)

Reason for rejection:
a. A wheel badly damaged, distorted or cracked, or with a badly distorted bead rim

Would be down to how you interpret 'badly'.
IMO if it balances and isnt like to cause a failure in pressure or structure then it isnt bad. So not as clear cut as you make out.

BG 182 FF
Clear cut for me. In my books that wheel is badly distorted. Ignore the outer part of the rim thats dented. Look at the inner face. You can see its flattened.

That wheel rim is distorted.

MOT fail.

Worked in a garage for over 10 years and i think i have pretty good understanding of what normally fails or passes a MOT.

Many.
Had wheels worse than that pass MOT's, I would not be conserned at all with it.

Although I'd probs get a rubber hammer on it and make it look a bit straighter. I assume it holds air fine?

BG 182 FF
Oh i agree, if it was my wheel i wouldn't really be bothered... i'd send it off for repair when i could be bothered.

MOT wise it would/should be a failure but all depends on MOT tester.

PB Clio 172
wouldn't call this wheel damaged ...

from the picture its also been counter balanced so I wouldn't be too happy with that

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
I'm sure most MOT stations check the wheels and backs of them when checking suspension and such underneath.

The mot guy I use does and he WILL fail stuff like that dependant on severity

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
If he has an mot certificate of training, I'd be in the right mind to report him. If that's acceptable, what other bits of an mot are being let through