ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice on lowering please guys?!

ClioSport 172
Basically my Clio now has a set of 17s on it, which I do love very much, but she needs lowering really badly!

One of my mates who normally does everything to my cars told me I should (quote) "get some Eibach springs and some Gaz shocks for it, there not the cheapest but it will be alot nicer to drive and handle better than the cheap kits where you get shocks and springs together."

I normally trust him completely, but another mate said I should definately not get that & I should get some £800 coilovers (cant remember what they are) but he has them on his car, which does go on the track. But my clio is never going anywhere near a track & my mechanic said I dont need to spend that amount of money on coilovers cause I wont see the benefits. I'm not bothered if they are coilovers or not, but dont want them to cost the earth, ideally not more than £500...

Another mate said I should get a set of Bilsteins & someone else suggested something called FK automotive highsport coilovers...

Basically all I want is to lower my car. Not sure on the exact height yet, so anything that is adjustable in height is a definate plus. Its just going to be driven on normal roads & i'd like it to not be cheap & nasty, but well the cheaper the better! The best value for money...

Most of you guys all have Clios, what do you suggest?!

Sorry for the massive post... its a Clio 172 by the way :)

Boz

Arctic 182
For what you want you only need springs, the original shocks will be fine.
Eibach sportline springs are very good, lower the car about an inch all round.Eibach proline are also good springs but don't lower the car much at all (~5mm). Eitherway the car will handle better than standard.
I've got the sportlines on mine and am very happy with them, as are many others on here.

Link :http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pa...renaultclio&manufacturer=eibac&sub_category=1

Ignore the lowering heights on the eibach box, that refers to non sport models. Sporlines will lower your 172 20 to 25mm, improve the handing and not affect comfort much at all. Stear clear of apex springs, they are a very poor ride.

if you want adjustable height coilovers are the only way!
fk's are the cheapest,if you just want springs the best quality are eibach but you wont need new shocks as they just dont lower enough

ClioSport 172
I do want to lower at least 20mm, wont know really if anymore until its been done 20 I think! So if I lower more than 25mm I need shocks too?

Cheers for the advice those guys!

Clio on SL 2118s
if you have £500 to spend id go for coilies.
so you have the ability to go lower if need be