ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed!

Got a 172 Cup and got a couple of questions.

I have a £100 voucher for Halfords and I'm not really sure what to spend it on, any advice? I know Halfords is a bit w**k but I don't really want to spend it on cleaning stuff.

I was looking to get an induction kit. Found a K&N one for about £140 odd quid, wondering if anyone has this or a similar one and will it make much if a difference?

Don't really want anything to loud/shouty with my car prefer the subtle and standard look.

Any suggestions welcome!

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Why don't you stock up on tools? get tool from there and buy your mods from better places?

Clio RS 172 /Trafic
That's well worth the money. I've got the 120 piece set and its very good quality.
If you want an induction kit get a decent one that takes the air in away from any engine heat. I had a cone filter on my 172 when I bought the car and it was sat behind the radiator. Consequently it was sucking hot air in all the time.
Halfords pro tools are very strong and I believe they are guaranteed for life.

Clio 182
Bargain toolset! I spent 30 alone on a 1/2 drive thingy the other day.
Then another 10 quid for a T50 bit, oh and £23 for a small set of sockets. As said above, utter bargain.

Thanks for the advice that is a great offer but i have most or all of those tools already! Not sure i would find a use for them. Is there no car parts worth getting from Halfords?

clio 172
there aint much diff between a 150 filter and a 30 air filter there is a post on here about them...tools are a good buy..or they are doing a good DAB /CD player for 90

clio valver hybrid
Ive had the same tool kit for afew years now and its defo worth the money ive put the ratchets through hell and they still work fine,

Id proverbly go for cleaning products if it were me or more tools