ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice needed on crash repair damage

z4
Hey

Had a small front colision in my 182 the other day. I have damaged the passenger side wing, and front upper gril. The front bumper is slightly damaged and the headlight is too. I have had various quotes ranging from £600-1000 to repair the car. I'll try and get some pics up. I am trying to source the parts 2nd hand at the moment. Would anyone be able to give some advice on the following:

1)If I buy a bumper and front wing, would I be able to replace these panels myself? I'll put some pics up of the damage but it seems fairly light. How easy is it to change the front wing?

2)The headlight works perfectly, it is just the top plastic clip/hole for a screw/bolt that has broken. Could I just replace this bit? I know it is hard to work out what I am talking about without pictures! On the picture below, its the bolt hole at the top middle of the headlight.

I'll put some pics of my car up when I get a change. any advice appreciated!

Attachments

• $(KGrHqF,!h8F!DNm5OMyBQU2(ku,,!~~60_1.JPG
    $(KGrHqF,!h8F!DNm5OMyBQU2(ku,,!~~60_1.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 106
  z4
Any info on how to change the wing? I have found the bumper guide but no luck on one for the front wing

Cheers

2 nuts under the plastic side sill, couple of nuts when you open the door, another one under the wheel arch liner, one under the scuttle, a couple under the bonnet and one on the bumper mounting plate too! Not a clue why a plastic wing needs so many fittings

Phase 1 172, boxster
It's not attached to the sill cap but you may need to remove that to get to the bolts at the bottom of the wing, bumper will need to come off first as well do you can access the bolts at the front of the wing :)