ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adrian Flux any good?

Just had a quote £200 cheaper than my renewal from them, very tempted.

Heard mixed stories not sure whether i should.

Are they any good?

Renaultsport Clio 182
my first year with them last year & no probs. had my renewal through yesterday for £484.17 (inc national breakdown cover) and nobody i've tried since comes close to that to be honest! just waiting for Greenlight to get back to me.

used a comparison site tonight and i've had a new personal best quote from Thames City Insurance for the amount of £2,922.00 :eek:

they do operate a monthly sheme mind which is a deposit of £500 and then £300 per month after that........think i'll pass lol

Clio 172
I've had 3/4 years of no problems with them apart from understanding my welsh accent.. lol. I also claimed last year and once I recovered and sent off the paperwork claim was settled, full price awarded within 3 days. They are a broker, just asked to deal with your insurance company direct if you have any problems. Since the accident however (own fault) they didn't even come near admiral for me .. was expecting a price hike but I was about to get royally fisted if I stayed with them, total loss claim meant my renewal went from £870 Fully comp to struggling to get it under £2500. Settled reluctantly with Admiral for £1300 ish as the best I could get.

Stripped yozza'd cup
They're really random with their quotes.... People of roughly same age, area, NCB etc seem to get wildly different quotes.

Clio 172
It's because they are a broker (they do not insure you, they set up the policy for you which is underwritten by another company) and it all depends on who agrees to insure that person at the time they do a search on their system I would imagine.

Ok, i thinking to go with them as its such a good price. Ive just heard some horror stories about them not wanting to know if you need to claim....

brilliant for me, i moaned about renewal and they sorted it.

the fact they werent the cheapest by a little bit i wasnt bothered about as they are so easy to deal with...

Clio 182 + Recaros
I found them good to deal with.

Its unfortunate but true - you'll only find out if they are really any good if you have to make a claim. My only experience of making a claim (touch wood) was when I was with Privelege and they were excellent.

Clio 172
so they're good unless you need them for the purpose you're paying them for, nice :D

Yeh they try and get out of everything and dont tell you anything thats going on with your claim. I was in a non fault crash and because the other party took a while to accept liability etc, Flux took my courtesy car off me without any warning. (just turned up to my house and demanded keys etc). They then tried to take a years no claims off me for a crash that was not my fault, on a policy that i was paying extra on to have the no claims protected.
I then got my 172 and the quote for changing my policy over was ridiculous and they wanted to charge me for cancelling my policy etc.
Total load of s**t with them IMO. Adrian Flux were only the broker though, the actual insurance was with Equity Red Star

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
They are good if you dont ever plan to talk to them after buying the policy.

If however you need to make a claim, or change vehicle mid policy they are terrible. Probably the worst insurance company I have ever dealt with, and i've been insured with Bennett's in the past!

Still gone with them this year though, too big a saving to be missed.

Skoda Fabia vRS
Fine for me for years, think I was with them when I claimed years ago and it went fine.

172 cup
I ended up with 6 points and a £900 fine and a conviction of driving with no insurance thanks to Adrian FuckUps, I wouldn't recommend them AT ALL.

They cancelled my policy after 2 months as they "never received" the modified car document, which had 30 odd pictures and 12 pages of A4 paper I had sent via recorded delivery. They cancelled my policy without sending a letter so I was driving uninsured for 5 months, thank god I never had a crash in that time and I was lucky I "just" got pulled over.

Copper was sound about it at the time and could have crushed my car, but believed my side of the story havin had problems insuring his scooby with... You guessed it Adrian Flux!

County courts fucked me over, give me 6 points on principal despite being able to waver them in these circumstances and as I earn a decent wage gave me a massive find.

Avoid Adrian Flux at all costs :)

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
106 rallye 8v is £2600 for me with them but a vts would be £1500 both of them with mods. admiral on a 182 cup no mods quote me £970
its true there prices really dont make sence atall

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
When they had received all the documents from me they sent me a letter confirming they had received everything required and the policy was in place for the full term. If anyone hasn't got this i'd suggest ringing them up.

Also worth checking here too: http://ownvehicle.askmid.com/

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
just got insured with them this second. £280 in my name on a Daihatsu Hijet van with a liverpool (L40) postcode. I've got 10 pts aswell. Cheap as chips.

racing blue 182 cup
i had my modded ctr with them and best i could find even with my mods changed it over to my 182 and it went down :approve:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Ok i was going to declare the mods before i actually done them would this being ok?

Well you shouldn't, but seeing as there is an admin fee if you add them later you might aswell do.

Aslong as it has some mods then it qualifies for the modified policy iirc.