ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral are robbing c***s!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Ask to speak to "someone of a senior position"

Basically come across outraged.

That's what I did and they knocked £300 off..

bet it will make no real diffrence!

just as a bit of a lol, a few years ago i was able to claim discount on my policy through my uncle. worked well for a year or 2 then they decided on a change of policy. the change meant my dicsount was included in my renewal. not a problem? it is when the policy goes up £500.

so i could go online as a new customer and get a price for £500 for example, yet with my discount as a renewing customer it was £600. and they point blank refused to give it to me cheaper on the premise that it was already discounted.

how in gods name does that work?!?!?!

bet it will make no real diffrence!

just as a bit of a lol, a few years ago i was able to claim discount on my policy through my uncle. worked well for a year or 2 then they decided on a change of policy. the change meant my dicsount was included in my renewal. not a problem? it is when the policy goes up £500.

so i could go online as a new customer and get a price for £500 for example, yet with my discount as a renewing customer it was £600. and they point blank refused to give it to me cheaper on the premise that it was already discounted.

how in gods name does that work?!?!?!

They are tricky b******s, IF they are the cheapest, they know you need a car and insurance they make numbers up.

Can you not find anyone cheaper? If you can then ring Admiral anyway and do as I said; You're not happy about the increase, there's another company that's cheaper so what are you going to do for me? If they reacted the way they did with me you should find it come down considerably.

It's also crucial that you speak to someone "senior" this way from a senior point of view you are "supposed" to value your customers and they will do something about it.

From what people are saying they are a decent company and I agree to an extent but at the same time they rape you like the others, admiral just use lube.

See how you get on.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
im with greenlight now so all sorted. but when i used to get the discount i could only deal with the managers, that in itself was a farking nightmare.

can i change my address please?
yeah no problem... ohh i see you have a staff account, im going to have to arrange a call back from a manager

3 days later...

A4 Avant
Admiral have mostly been okay for me. Only blip was when they charged me £100 change in premium to change cars midway through the year (Went from a Cooper S to the A4 Avant). It would have cost me more in charges to change to a new provider.

They gave me my renewal recently that was about £60 higher than my other quotes, phoned up and they took £90 off immediately so I've stuck with them.

One other thing is they see driver awareness courses as endorsements and increase your premium for going on it.

Trophy #387
Admiral Group Plc made £181m pre-tax profit to the yearend June 2013, from a turnover of £454m.

They're doing ok lol.

As previously mentioned, their business plan revolves around an investment strategy. They make no profit (maybe even a loss) from income from insurance policies vs incurred costs from claims + wages

They are, of course, businesses, and need to make money... But they don't make any profits from selling insurance policies to motorists.

RB Clio 182
Elephant and Admiral are the cheapest for me, its more or less exactly the same as last year.

Just over 400 with 5y ncb, 31 yrs old.

I would have over 10 years no claims bonus but i lost them all a few years a go when i wasnt driving/insured for a couple of years. Never claimed or had an accident.

Last edited: