ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adjusting recline on Bimarco Futura

Hi guys,

I've recently bought a Clio with a set of Bimarco Futura seats, and as nice as they are for pinning you in position (definitely needed in a go-kart like car), they're a bit more upright than what I'm used to.

Now, the side mounting plates have got multiple holes; slotted ones at the rear, and the seats are both mounted at the same level holes front and rear. I was wondering if it's advisable to mount the rears a hole or two lower than the fronts to effectively recline the seating position slightly.

Is this an ok idea - any reasons why it wouldn't be advised to do so?

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
Yeah no reason not to, just adjust it and see where you prefer it. Just done mine. Slightly tilted back is loads better

Yeah no reason not to, just adjust it and see where you prefer it. Just done mine. Slightly tilted back is loads better

Ok nice one - was just not sure whether there was a safety implication of not having the front and rear mounts horizontal.

One thing I've noticed though - the seats are u comfortable as f**k on long journeys! Fortunately I had an old cushion in the rear to save my arse!

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Really? I've done a 400 odd mile journeys in my Bimarco's and still got out fresh at the other need with no aches or pains.

Really? I've done a 400 odd mile journeys in my Bimarco's and still got out fresh at the other need with no aches or pains.

It's just my cheeks that feel bruised, fine today, but after 60 miles yesterday it wasn't pleasant jumping back in for the journey home. Probably doesn't help having very stiff coilovers, but the padding seems very thin on the bit your bum actually rests on.

Will definitely give it a shot at reclining them slightly and see if that helps matters - but as said, failing that, sitting on a cushion was fine!

Clearly I need to eat more pies...