ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adjusting Gaz/ K-tec coilovers

182 track, Mk7 ST
Hi there, basically i want to stiffen up the front suspension and lower the car all round a bit more. As above the coilovers fitted are Gaz GHA i believe as i can adjust the damping aswell as the height of the suspension.

I've never adjusted coilovers before and obviously don't want to bugger it up as i've only had the car a couple of weeks so just need some advice.

Just wondered what the best way to go about adjusting them is regarding the damping especially, i don't know whether to take them all the way to one end or just adjust them from where they are. The only reason i say to take them completely to one end of the available adjustment is to reset them so when i adjust them i know they are the same and can potentially get it setup the same all round.

In regards to height i'll just use the C-spanner provided and count the threads and use a tape measure etc unless someone has a better method of doing so???

Also i've covered everything in WD40 today to soak overnight so it should be loose enough to adjust tommorrow hopefully :)

Thanks in advance for any help,

Grant.

alien green rs133
go to softest setting and progress too a desireable ride, suspension setup is a very personal thing.

Breaking 172 NV676
my ktr/gas are set up 12 clicks from hard on the front and 2 clicks from hard on the back,

I was told not to have them on either extremities as it will damage the seals. Back should be hard, from end mid way or how you feel best suits your driving.

182 track, Mk7 ST
Always go to one end and adjust from there imo.

go to softest setting and progress too a desireable ride, suspension setup is a very personal thing.

Cheers guys, thought this would be the best way to go :approve:

Go see Mark Fish in Harlow.

You will not regret it. :approve:

Also, WD-40 is not a penetrating fluid.

I have been considering that as i've heard extremely good things about him and what he does.

I can't find any trader site on here and the website doesnt have any info on it, is he just contactable by phone or is he on here somewhere. And any idea on what kind of price he charges please???

my ktr/gas are set up 12 clicks from hard on the front and 2 clicks from hard on the back,

I was told not to have them on either extremities as it will damage the seals. Back should be hard, from end mid way or how you feel best suits your driving.

I can understand that mate, i wouldn't want it too hard on the front anyway but a bit more than it already is as it scrubs on the inner arch when cornering hard with a passenger in the car aswell. How did you go about adjusting the fronts, is it via the top mount using the socket/ tool supplied?? With the backs, you obviously just twist the dial on the bottom of the damper yeah??

Cheers again guys :)