ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ADI Driving Instructor Insurance

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
I'm trying to find out roughly how much I will end up paying in insurance when I qualify as an ADI.
Ive had a look about on the internet, but theres no quote system like confused.com or anything, I'd have to fill in a form and wait for them to give me a quote.

Any driving instructors out there that can help?

Ph1 ITB'd 172
My dad used to be one... his was less than £300 (Clio 1.5 DCI) Manchester postcode, 50ish year old.

Any one with his permission even when not listed on the insurance could drive the car without him in it. (I think that changed recently though and they had to named.)
Obviously insured for him to teach people in etc.

You might want to subscribed to this if you aren't already... its pretty useful http://www.adinews.co.uk/

And we have a set of Dual Controls for a Clio 1.5DCI if your using one of them and are interested.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Ooh... I could well be interested in them... How easy are they to fit?

On the other hand if I lease a car some include insurance too... but wondering whether my age (24) will exclude me from fleet policy's.

Will have a look at that link.

Ph1 ITB'd 172
Ooh... I could well be interested in them... How easy are they to fit?

On the other hand if I lease a car some include insurance too... but wondering whether my age (24) will exclude me from fleet policy's.

Will have a look at that link.

Yeah well they aren't for sale anywhere else, my Dad doesn't do it anymore and they are still in the car. He may even sell the car with them if you don't have one. He wants something bigger and an Auto I think. PM me if interested and I shall speak to him.

I have fitted a set before took about 3 hours. So not too bad.