ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Adding the exterior temperature sensor...

Da

Less
...on a car that didn't come with one from the factory, but has the option dependant on spec.

Is it as simple as buying the sensor and finding the loom within the door to connect it to? Or will it be a different loom as it wasn't in the spec list?

Any help appreciated, I've asked Renault and they don't know! :)

Da

Less
Ah yeah :eek: it's a Twingo i-Music and is brand new on a 10 plate.

I know the Twingo's higher up the spec list have the sensor but the i-Music doesn't :dapprove:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Thats well gypo imo, like the MK3 197/200 Cups. I thinks its a poor show, even boggo 1990's Corsa Merits had temp sensors! Bit of a safety thing also imo, its nice to know if its near freezing whilst driving.....

Da

Less
Exactly, can't really believe that it isn't standard on a mid-range Twingo! :eek:

Can anyone shed any technical info, or is it time to start removing parts? :evil:

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Start removing parts, be nice to know if the stuffs there for a MK3 also!

Mondeo TDCI 130
^ yeah i would be in, f**king gippo's!! Although last nite it was howling back from oswestry and i forgave it for being poverty spec inside!

Bumder With A Buffer
I think the loom should already be there??

So just need to mount the nipple and then hook it up I would of thought.

Da

Less
Right, had the Twingo in bits today and the wiring definitely isn't concealed within the door to enable you to simply connect the sensor to it.

However, I believe that the 'in car' loom will be the same, and Renault simply fit different 'in door' looms dependant on the spec level. As such I'm sure the wiring will be in the ISO plug that sits on the door where the hinges are, I simply need to work out which of the disused connections should control the temperature sensor. Once I work this out, I will try connectng the sensor and see what happens :)

Don't suppose anyone knows the wiring colours, do they? ;)