ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acoustic Valve

182 cup
took mine out and didnt really notice a difference but it will make some - even if it is only to remove 500g!

Lionel Richie
its only to reduce induction noise below 3000rpm, its like an active exhaust valve on the inlet (eu bullshit)

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
mines hanging about in a skip yard somewhere unless its been melted down and made into a new action man. it looks restrictive, get it out lol

Clio 172
If you take out the near side arch liner you'll see the acoustic valve on the same bracket as the horn. Unplug everything, and then you have to block up one of the tubes with a bolt. There is a guide somewhere, ill find it for you.

RB182 FF ASTRA GSI T
i removed mine when i fitted a cold air feed, if removing it u may aswell put a cold air feed in there whilst uv got it out

clio 172 cup
  clio 182
What happens if the holes aren't bunged up? Previous owner put the valve in the boot when u got it from dealer. But who knows if he bunged them up....

328, MK1 Clio 1.4
I wouldn't bother removing it unless you are in there doing something else like changing your filter.

b/g 182, meg tourer
no hassle to remove at all if you follw the guide on here. if you remove the frontg fogs too, you will get more air circulating its way to the airbox. remove the top airbox feed too.

Rusty Cup
ooohh just read that bit about bunging something up.. my clios idle'd at 1100rpm for ages never seen it as a problem might look into this after ive done all the other jobs i need to do on the car lol.