ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Acoustic valve induction

With my homemade ktec style kit I'm going to be fitting can I just take the air feed off the caustic valve and leave it there don't really want to go to all the effort of removing it if I can just leave it sitting there with no ill effect thanks

Its a small pre-induction valve, controlled by a vac pressure in the inlet manifold, that supposedly helps cut induction noise at higher rpm. Is apparently there for EU noise level build regs.

most remove it, to facilitate bigger air feeds to the filters

if you remove it make sure to plug the hole on the inlet manifold vac pipe or you will idle at about 2000rpm lo

Last edited:

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If you're using the standard airbox there's not much point,
if you want a K-Tec style IK or V6 airbox then it's worth doing,
although saying that i'm using a V6 box and all i've done is remove the hoses,
the actual valve is still in place.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i have a k-tex style set up with a pipercross filter,yeah i wouldnt remove the whole unit just block off the pipes etc.So whys it worth only doing it if you have a induction filter set up then?