ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Accident!

Albi 200
So,

I was calmly waiting in a queue of traffic when some idiot in a 106 didn't realise all the traffic in front of him had stopped and drove straight into the back of me!

I've only had the car 4 weeks, thankfully he's insured though!

The back bumper's caved in and the boot won't shut! Luckily my insurance company are pretty good and it's being picked up tomorrow to be fixed.

:eek:

Albi 200
Yeah I'm ok, although my necks been playing up tonight.

Whiplash might be on the cards!

LOL pic's will be up in a few hours, although there's not a lot to see.

Albi 200
Haha just got home from a night out. I would have posted this earlier but the night out got in the way ;)

Astra SRI/ Hornet
It's bullshit now you will own a crashed damaged car which you'll get less for when ya sell through no fault of ya own.
If you claim whiplash if ya don't have it just bare in mind every1's insure goes up.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
It's not written off so won't show on hpi only way ppl will know is of they look on here.

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Work in insurance (in Exeter!) so give me a shout if you need any help or advice. In relation to loss of value you can claim for this but it depends on how much damage has been caused. Most repairers can fix to manufacturers standard (or so they say!) - I have dealt with many claims for diminution (loss of value) from 0 - 15% of the cars value ;)

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Re injury - claim from the other persons insurance company WITHOUT a solicitor as it saves our industry stupid legal fees (usually £2000 per claim!)

Albi 200
Cheer's guys.

My neck's killing me this morning so looks like I have got a touch of whiplash.

bearne1, how does the loss of value claim work?

320d
If you have wiplash then claim. I would, and have, because every other person on the road will and you may as well recover some of the rediculous amounts you've previously paid out for insurance. Over the last 4 years my insurance bill is nealry £4K and I haven't made one claim.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What's up with what I said the fact that I said it. Would you be happy if ya forked out for a brand new car then some c**t crashes into ya.

I thought if ya car was repaired through insurance it Showed up on a hpi check.

An accident will only show up if the insurance deem your car an uneconomical repair i.e a write off (Cat D,C) etc

Shunts and bumps wont, regardless how big or small so long as its not been officially written off

Clio 182 Trophy. No. 189
Cheer's guys.

My neck's killing me this morning so looks like I have got a touch of whiplash.

bearne1, how does the loss of value claim work?

Difficult to tell until you know what damage value is and whether any chassis damage, drop me a pm once you know and i'll see if i can help.

Clio 200
good luck proving the loss of value tbh.

Work in General insurance for motor traders and the alleged defective work claims etc etc and have yet to pay out on a claim for this

Albi 200
Well the hire car finally turned up.......

A 59 plate, 5 door, 1.6 petrol Astra! And damn it's boring to drive! :eek:

The garage are coming to pick my car up in the morning, someone's gonna have fun driving that back!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You should be in a like for like car, it wasn't your fault. I would have spoken to the Hire car company. A lthough you're probably loving the extra petrol!

Make sure it's mint, if you have any problems give me a pm. DO NOT accept the car until you're happy, inspect it at their premises.

Chelsea tractor
Re injury - claim from the other persons insurance company WITHOUT a solicitor as it saves our industry stupid legal fees (usually £2000 per claim!)
It's not just solicitors who cream it in; credit hire, assessors, medical staff etc do too. More often than not, the fees add up to much more than the overall claim (repairs and everything else).

Clio MK 4
You should be in a like for like car, it wasn't your fault. I would have spoken to the Hire car company. A lthough you're probably loving the extra petrol!

Make sure it's mint, if you have any problems give me a pm. DO NOT accept the car until you're happy, inspect it at their premises.

Didnt know you are supposed to get a like for like car. when someone went ito my 172 her insurance inspected it and they got me a hired car which was a 1.4 corsa lol. now thats boring. but at the time i didnt care.

Albi 200
Christophe,

Yeah I had my foot on the brake. I lightly tapped the car in front of me but there was not damage to it and only a light scuff on my numberplate.

Albi 200
I don't f*****g believe it!!

Some idiots just driven into the back of my hire car! It was parked up outside my house and he came round the corner too fast and BOOM!

Typical, I think I'm cursed!

Ultra Red Clio 197
thats unreal... twice within weeks... not good.. at least this time you were not in the car or the 200 wasnt just back from being fixed!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I don't f*****g believe it!!

Some idiots just driven into the back of my hire car! It was parked up outside my house and he came round the corner too fast and BOOM!

Typical, I think I'm cursed!

Im sorry but thats quite funny...

Unlucy mate

Fiesta ST2
omfg.. did the other guy have insurance? police called and recorded? you insurance are going to bum rape you with no lube come renewal :( will this go down as two no faults???