ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Access query

T

thecremeegg

I've created a query where i want it to show all people that are due to have a reminder sent if they haven't been in for 30 days. I know that I have to put something in criteria but i cant figure out what. I know that i need to do todays date =date() minus the date in the tables and ensure that it only shows values over 30.

Anyone got any ideas (if you have any idea what im talking about?)

Would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Black-Gold 182
I assume we're talking about MS Excel/Access? They work in "days" anyway, so you can just subtract one from the other and that'll give you your number of days

Hope that helps

Last edited:
The simplest way of doing this. It looks alot more complicated written down here is:

Cell A1 - Date last in
Cell B1 - =today()
Cell C1 - =SUM(B1-A1+1)
Cell D1 - =IF($C$1>30," Reminder.", "")

Reminder will appear in cell D1 if there is a greater number of days between A1 and todays date (cell B1). You should always remember to add the +1 onto the dates as it wont work out the correct number of days as it calcs the number of days inbetween.

Obviously, you'd have to play with it to fit it into what you are doing.

Hope this helps

T

thecremeegg

Im talking bout Access Mells, sorry if i didnt make that clear :eek:
Cant apply the same logic, or is it possible?
thanks

Ahh. Sorry I was being special needs.

You could do it as a macro then using VB. Just insert it as a module and tell it where to look using database locations rather than cell refs??