ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Absolutely Gutted

is dirty.
Was in a concertina collision last night. This stupid chav in an L reg Astra Gsi went into a Volkswagen Fox, then that hit my mates MK2 Phase 1 Clio then his went into mine. 4 cars involved and looks like mine could be a write off, boot floor is a bit buckled and I can't even get my spare wheel out. Bumper is all damaged and the boot lock is also funked.
Right before Christmas, can't believe it.

Nimbus 197
Was in a concertina collision last night. This stupid chav in an L reg Astra Gsi went into a Volkswagen Fox, then that hit my mates MK2 Phase 1 Clio then his went into mine. 4 cars involved and looks like mine could be a write off, boot floor is a bit buckled and I can't even get my spare wheel out. Bumper is all damaged and the boot lock is also funked.
Right before Christmas, can't believe it.

sorrry to this mate.. just wat u need for crimbo.. thats proper messed up. x x x hope u get sorted oout tho x x

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
On the plus side you can't be to blame so can claim for whiplash and put it towards some tasteful mods.

Always look on the bright side ;)

A3 Tdi
christ! the F***ing chav must have been traveling some! any injuries, really gutted for you matey, hope you can enjoy christmas in one way or another

is dirty.
Yeah he said 30 but the impact in each car was unbelievable so around 50 I would say, plus we were all at a standstill and he ploughed straight through us.
I have been feeling a little sick and my ribs hurting, my back and neck and that have been fine though.
Oh well, has spoilt my Christmas a bit but life goes on and at least nobody was seriously hurt.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Yeah he said 30 but the impact in each car was unbelievable so around 50 I would say, plus we were all at a standstill and he ploughed straight through us.
I have been feeling a little sick and my ribs hurting, my back and neck and that have been fine though.
Oh well, has spoilt my Christmas a bit but life goes on and at least nobody was seriously hurt.

Trust me, your back and neck are sore. ;)

least you are okay thats the main thing, a car can be replaced, and is it me or is everybody getting problems with there cars on christmas eve! Write offs, Keyed!!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trust me, your back and neck are sore. ;)
It's bellends like you that make everybody's insurance premium skyhigh, claiming when there isn't any need to.

Sorry to hear about the car mate, it's a sh*t feeling when your car is involved and its somebody elses fault.

Racing blue 182
at least your ok, cars can be replaced!

samething happened to me a few years ago, rover 200 went into a metro which went into me and i went into a punto, we were all at the lights when the rover ploughed into us all :(

just s**t any time it happens but even more so at christmas :(

if you have got whiplash though or any bruising etc i would make a claim for it!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Gutted for you mate :(

get yourself to a doctor mate, I guarantee your back & neck are gonna hurt like hell in the morning, you'll want some diclofenac ;) it's what I've been taking since my crash, works so much better than anything you can get over the counter

getting s**t faced works quite good as well :rasp: I know it's ruined your christmas but be thankful it hasn't ruined it for all your family & friends

Don't worry about it too much as it will get sorted eventually, give helphire a call ;) they'll do all the legwork & fighting for you and sort you out with a car so you're not stuck with public transport, hope you have a speedy recovery m8

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
It's bellends like you that make everybody's insurance premium skyhigh, claiming when there isn't any need to.

Sorry to hear about the car mate, it's a sh*t feeling when your car is involved and its somebody elses fault.

bellends like me mate? is that it is it?

alright then, sorry for suggesting he does what every other c**t out there does, why should he not get a bit of money out of it when everyone else does? If everyone else stopped then i'd see the point, but when we all know everyones gonna claim if they can, only a complete idiot wouldn't do the same because this poor lad not claiming isn't gonna make any difference at all to our premiums unless everyone else out there does the same.

You should be entitled to some compensation for the inconveniance and stress caused as it is anyway.

Last edited:
unlucky bud

how is the driver of the fox?? if you had those injuries i imagine they must be much worse

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I drove past yours yesterday afternoon outside your dads, thinking to myself thats a cracking replica, gutted for you Ricky, thread is naff without proof!!!!:eek:;) At the end of the day though as long as your not injured (Whiplash FTW and money towards a new motor;)) cars can be replaced

RenaultSport cup172 TT309
Been involved in an accident that isnt your fault can be a bonus, cash wise that is ?
If your car is repairable that is. As you know insurance companies rip us off all the time.
Well main dealers/body shops do the same back to the ins co's when they quote for the repair. It's very easy for a car to be deemed "writen off" when there's next to nothing wrong with it.If this is the case...

You'll get paid out the value of the "writen off" car. Tell them you want to keep it, and you get to for about 10% the value they've put on it.
In other words you keep the car as it is and get a fat check.
Obviously this only is only a bonus if its not too badly damaged and you dont mind fixing it with second hand parts. (and its a nice car)
Or yeah it'll be on the HPI list as either cat B or C as well.
Obviously the cars got to be of a certain age for this to be viable.

And remember that bad neck. I know it's a mess on going to the hospital but it's an easy grand.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
^^^thats pretty much how my claim went ;) I got my car back to mintness and made £600 by getting it fixed cheap - not with used parts, just some skilled panel beating :approve:

Main reason I'm claiming compo is because of the time I've had to take off work and the money it's cost me in lost wages :(

is dirty.
Other driver was insured and I have got those details. Will have to wait for everything to blow over and get things sorted after Christmas. Back and ribs have been aching a bit but I'm purely gutted about it. Anyone that has seen it will agree its pretty mint. Oh well I work for an insurance company in claims so know the full procedure, just actually getting round to sorting it all out. Pics will follow. Just gutting how the boot floor has buckled, apart from that looks really minor damage.
Merry Christmas all.

is dirty.
Well bumping this back up again have had problems with that guy reporting the incident over the past 2 weeks! Looks like it's all now going through. Have had an estimate done and the damage came in at £1180.50. Needs a new bumper and needs to be put on a jig. I'm happy it isn't getting written off. Will get some pictures tomorrow of the damage.
Is so surprising how it doesn't look like much yet it is still over a grand.

tiTTy & SV650
hope you get a good repair done asap and can enjoy it again. Repair will get to £1k instantly when you have panel repair / replacement / painting.