ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS Sensor fault

Countryman JCW
Renault only iirc, was told by MicKPM at Diamond Motors not to buy from eBay or anything as they arent the right ones...

Renault Clio RS182
The euro car parts one (bosch) comes with a female electrical connector instead of a male, and cannot be secured into place as the connector only fits in upside down :-/ I'm not sure how they actually get away it tbh

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sometimes with these things you just have to "pay what you owe" as the saying goes.

RUK part works perfectly (and lasts) or you can buy a complete used rear hub and swap that over (as the sensors never come out intact)

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Andy, wasn't saying you/DTM was a liar mate, I was confident in my quote from DTM, hence me asking again.

If you can get the part number that would be brilliant thanks.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Just a quick update for people searching this, the eurocarparts one does fit, even has the same renault part number on it.

this is the near side rear:

image_zps27e66df8.jpg

image_zps35b60d4f.jpg

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Nice one, it's about time they were available for less though. Did a rear pair myself today and it's a right faff of a job.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Tomorrow morning job mate, thanks for all the help today and the good price you did me :)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Make sure you get the right sensor in the right hub because once they're in they ain't coming out again lol

Short length = NSR
Long length = OSR

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
How did you get them out, I have already tried to get the screw out and that has chewed the screw head up already :(

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Personally I use an impact wrench with a decent T30 but one I did yesterday didn't want to play and spun so I had to turn it into a T40 which worked.

Failing that use a grinder on the head and a stud remover on the rest and replace the screw (not that you actually need the screws cos it's a TIIIIIGHT fit)

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Don't break the cast by hitting it hard... you won't get one anywhere for a day or three if you do.