ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Abs incorrect ring symptoms?

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
I've recently put a cheap abs sensor in my 54 plate 182.
It's been off the road since for a few reasons... Firstly, it was a properly cheap item and it broke when I was putting it in, so I wasn't expecting there to be any change.
However, now I'm getting the red stop light come on when I drive it more than about 100m (to the roundabout and back just to keep it all free).
I've ordered a new Bosch item that I'll fit in the next few days, but my question is, would it having the wrong ring on the end of the shaft cause this fault?

Looking for a Renault Chip setup to buy to have more clarity on this kind of thing, or someone that has one who's willing to come and see my car and assist too

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
The abs lights are already on and there are no other lights that come on with it, though now I say that it could possibly have the handbrake park light?

If its a duff sensor then you would usually see the SERV, ABS, HANDBRAKE, STOP light on when the ignition is on and then will stay on once started? Also what wheel sensor are you talking about as its a minefield with incorrect sensors out there?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I'd make sure that it does have the correct ABS rings fitted though as this can give similar symptoms to the sensor being down.
If your cruise control works, then it's not an ABS sensor that's down.

GCC

1.2Clio / 182!!
If its a duff sensor then you would usually see the SERV, ABS, HANDBRAKE, STOP light on when the ignition is on and then will stay on once started? Also what wheel sensor are you talking about as its a minefield with incorrect sensors out there?
Nearside front sensor.
There are just the usual abs serv lights on till its being driven, this is when the stop light comes on with the handbrake
I'd make sure that it does have the correct ABS rings fitted though as this can give similar symptoms to the sensor being down.
If your cruise control works, then it's not an ABS sensor that's down.
I've got myself the sensor, and I'll change this at the weekend.
The cruise isn't working at present, wasn't sure if that was because I'd only just put my standard wheel back on after a Sabelt one (yes I appreciate how blonde that sounds now).

While the wheel is off and the sensor is being changed I'll double check the ring, pretty sure I have a spare one ready to put on anyway.