ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS and speedo

Clio 182
Hi

My car has come up with a fault where the ABS warning ligh is on along with the service and traction control light. Also, the speedo has stopped working. I looked this up and noticed the speedo gets its signal from one of the abs sensors. It said that it was the passangers side front ABS sensor. I checked it out visually and couldnt see any thing wrong so bought a new sensor to see if that was the problem. But it wasnt and I still have the same fault. My car is a 2004 182 so I assume the speedo works of the ABS? Could someone please tell me which ABS sensor it is that the speedo comes from and what you recomend I do before spending more money on ABS sensors?

Cheers

Jon

The ABS and Speedo are on the same fuse, have you checked that the fuse isn't blown? Try replacing it before spending any more money.

Clio 182
Checked fuse to start with and it had not blown. The dics all look clean and none of the teeth are missing so could only assume a sensor. But if the speedo is coming off just one of the sensors and the problem is that one, where does the speedo get its signal?

Cheers

clio sport
I've never heard of the speedo working off the ABS sensor.
Check the back of your gearbox and you will see an electrical cable running into a large switch.
I'm sure you'll find that's the detection device used in the gearbox.