ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

ABS/Airbag/Stop/Serv/Handbrake light lol + wont turn over.

Electrical distater!!

Way to work, ABS/Serv/Airbag light comes on. Stopped car while rolling, attempted to restart with key nooothing... Bumped it fine. Then the above lights came on like a plane landing/christmas tree.

Only bought this motor a few days ago part ex'd with a friend at the garage he works at. He changed the starter for me cos it was lazy at starting but it seems it has deep underlying issues its stuck at work now and wont turn over, just ticks once. dont think its immobiliser related as solid red light stays on and doesnt flash. Its not battery related as its new and voltage is fine. (i suppose i didn't check running voltage maybe the alternators f**ked if i get it running again ill check this. funnily enough the CD player froze also not sure that could be a sign of voltage problems)

Had a BMW for 3 years prior the only thing that went wrong was a stat. I forgot how much i missed these cars breaking down :)

Anyone seen something similar before, waiting for a call back from him but could have done without this!

182 btw.

edit: forgot the ESp light too! pretty sure the Gear light wasnt on though so theres something :):):)

Cheers Dan will have a look later, mind you wouldn't that mean the battery would do the opposite and not charge? as apposed to pump out to much voltage.

Well it was at home, now it just ticks once. and stops. (sounds like a dead battery but isnt) I'll try again later maybe unplug the battery and try again.

Thanks for the pointers but my instinct tells me its more than that, ill update the thread when i know more :clown: