ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

a question for ad08 owners

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
got new ado8s on the front 205/45/16 fitted last month along with a new aux belt and pulleys at k-tec. when i drove it home i made a strange noise coming from the wheels at 5k plus like a drivetrain stress. So i took it back not knowing what it was he took me for a drive and he explained it was the tyres as they have so much more grip then my pilot sport 3's that there is no wheel spin so you hear the stress and tires fighting for grip (does feel faster). Mechanic said the old aux pulley was partialy ceased which would explain why it feels faster (would this explain stress on something?)
The noise is like a juddery noise is hard to explain but varies depending on what road i am on?? when i drive down a brand new tarmacked road i do not get this noise.
does anyone else with yoko ado8's get this?
also what pressure should these be at?

big boost cup
not really relevant but my 888s made more noise than normal road tires.
Also where is east Southampton

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
i live in warsash which is on the border of southampton 30 min drive from town and only a few blocks from portsmouth postcode

Clio 172 PhII
AD08 is louder and make a drowing noise compared to most other tires bar trackday tires like 888 or Kuhmo v70

Clio 172 Cup Mondial
ok cheers i got no worries now as i just fitted my k-tec induction kit and i can no longer here this noise over it at high revs haha !