ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Proud 182 owner

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

I collected her this morning.
It had 11 miles on the clock, now has 70/80.

I thought it would be "just the same as a 172", but its more than that.

Im not sure how the 182 NONcup suspension compares to the 172, but I went for the CUPd suspension and Im glad I did.

Body roll seems not existent, even roundabouts are taken on a level. Obviously I havent thrown it around, and dont intend to ;) but it just seems more sure footed on the road.

The cruise control is a delight to use, so simple. Very impressed with that so far. The way it smoothly speeds/slows the car to the selected speed.

And the colour!!! OMG!!!
I thought it would be "the same as the old cup colour" but its soo much more. It changes in different light, and when the sun shines, its just B-E-A-Utiful.

Exhaust sounds a little tinny, but Im sure once it gets a good coating of carbon inside it will sound better.

Was it worth the extra 900 it cost me to change? Hell yes, even the girn I had today picking it up and driving it for the first time!!

I had never driven a 182 before ordering it, hence I am pleasantly surprised at how much better it seems to be. I really believed the 172 would be the same as the new 182, but Renault have definitely improved what was, lets face it, a nice car already.

Sorry the ramblings, still all "buzzed up" at the moment having just got in, some 7hrs since collecting it.

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 17 July 2004

I collected her this morning.
It had 11 miles on the clock, now has 70/80.

Sorry the ramblings, still all "buzzed up" at the moment having just got in, some 7hrs since collecting it.
70 miles in 7 hours.... Ive heard of taking it easy on the revs whilst running it in but thats just ridiculous :p

Good to know youre enjoying it.. does beg the question though, if you thought it was going to the be the same as 172 why did you swap?

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

lol, its the posing, ya cant go fast whilst posing.
You ought to know that, being from Essex ;)

Audi TT Quattro

Glad ya like it.... now wheres the keys? i want a go!!!

If i could afford it I would certainly sell my megane coupe and go for a 182.. or even a 172....

Quote: Originally posted by CocoPops on 17 July 2004

lol, its the posing, ya cant go fast whilst posing.
You ought to know that, being from Essex ;)
haha!

Stora if it was my 182, and my sister, she wouldnt be getting anywhere near it either!!

well i got to sit in the drivers seat! and i even started the engine, but that was as far as i was ever gonna get! ill just have to stick with my little clio! doesnt quite compare tho!

Hey, Coco - I said you would love it! ;)

I too though the exhaust sounded a bit tinny at first, but now after having it a week, it has got less. It just needs loosening up.

As for the colour, I also love the way it changes in different lights. Really pleased with that. :D

Now for some more driving... ;)

Lee

BMW M2C

Even once its sooted up the exhaust still has a far more metallic sound than the 172 did. The car is quite alot noiser too, road noise and exhaust noise. When you floor it you can practically hear the gasses beneath you. LOL

Wait until you wash it, the little droplets of water make the paint look really odd, almost sends you cross eyed.

Glad you are pleased with it mate, you are finding the same things as I did compared to the 172. Although it was more obvious for me as I turned up in one and left in the other so I had a good chance for comparison.

Ive had mine since the 26th of June, as you know, and have so far covered 1300 miles!!

Lee

BMW M2C

He traded in an 03 172 and got 30% off a new 182. Unlike my 172 his was lower mileage and not an import so he got a dam good trade in.

Ford Fiesta

Quote: Originally posted by Lee M on 17 July 2004

Even once its sooted up the exhaust still has a far more metallic sound than the 172 did. The car is quite alot noiser too, road noise and exhaust noise. When you floor it you can practically hear the gasses beneath you. LOL

Wait until you wash it, the little droplets of water make the paint look really odd, almost sends you cross eyed.

Glad you are pleased with it mate, you are finding the same things as I did compared to the 172. Although it was more obvious for me as I turned up in one and left in the other so I had a good chance for comparison.

Ive had mine since the 26th of June, as you know, and have so far covered 1300 miles!!

so Lee are you running her at 100% now?

Liam

Lee

BMW M2C

I have been for good few miles now Liam. I took it too easy on my 172 so this one has had things done a little harder. Easy for the first 200 miles, then the odd blast building up until I hit 600 ish then I started driving it normally most the time. Now I drive how I always have done.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Its now covered 110miles.
Its egging me on, I can feel it.

I simply love the cruise control, makes motorway driving an absolute breeze.

Road noise does seem higher than the 172, but its not unbearable.

As you said Lee, you went from 172 to 182. I went from 172 to Ford Focus to 182. One thing that hit me straight away, is the visibility from the Clio is Sooooo much better than the Focus, all round vision is superb in the clio.

Gonna put the ITG foam filter in now, and then the Viper once its done a few more miles I think.

The colour still looks amazing, I really cant get over how similar, yet how vastly different it is to the Cup colour. I think the best way to describe it, is that its a similar base colour as the Cup, but then its all the flips/changes it does in different light, that makes it stand out.

2008 Golf GTI Edition 30

Satus Update - 240miles done.

Just done my first work commute. 95 miles, Reading to Birmingham.

It performs flawlessy so far. The cruise control is an absolute delight, just set and forget, well unless some pleb decides to change lanes!

On the A34 there is a concrete slab section, where the joins are a little raised and that caused a little bit of a bouncy ride, but then thats the stiffer springs for ya. Even so, the rides not as harsh as I thought it would, the levelness around Roundabouts more than compensates for it.

Fuel Consumption is looking good at the moment, I got 34mpg over the 95miles which is a mixture of 30/50/60 and motorway, so a fairly good result so far. People seem to say that the Fuel Consumption gets better when run it anyway so Im pleased with that result.

So far so good, lets hope it continues this way.